Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:32 AM

9,823 posts, read 11,546,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I feel so sorry for the young man's family. Losing a child --- under any circumstances -- is a horrific experience.

Of course, we don't know the reason why the young man called the police or even whether it was a "suicide by cop" event at this point, but this part of the LA times article really jumped out at me:

Amanda Chen, editor in chief of the school newspaper, said she did not know the student who was killed by police officers.

But she said the school’s “very competitive” and “cliquey” atmosphere can lead to feelings of stress and alienation.

“Because it’s such an affluent, highly-educated area, there are high expectations for students to succeed,” said Chen, 17.

My oldest son attended Torrey Pines, and its great school Academically. But Sadly what Rosie Says above is true if not worse, and it all comes from the Parents.
Some of the things i herd come from parents during the football,basketball games i attended would blow your mind.
I'm sitting in the stands one game when we were playing against Eastlake, and the ignorance that was coming these 2 couples mouths in front me, had me like.
My Heart goes out to this poor Family, Friends and there loss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 10:25 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
My oldest son attended Torrey Pines, and its great school Academically. But Sadly what Rosie Says above is true if not worse, and it all comes from the Parents.
Some of the things i herd come from parents during the football,basketball games i attended would blow your mind.
I'm sitting in the stands one game when we were playing against Eastlake, and the ignorance that was coming these 2 couples mouths in front me, had me like.
My Heart goes out to this poor Family, Friends and there loss
What did they say?

Old 05-08-2017, 05:02 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Suicide note found on body and that he planned on police shooting him.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:31 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times
One interview with a few girls said there were a lot of parties going on that night. Maybe graduation or prom night? And maybe this poor boy felt completely left out...at 16 that can be very devastating. Just a thought on my part. Prayers for him and his entire family.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:30 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
One interview with a few girls said there were a lot of parties going on that night. Maybe graduation or prom night? And maybe this poor boy felt completely left out...at 16 that can be very devastating. Just a thought on my part. Prayers for him and his entire family.
Kid just lost his dad. I've never been more depressed than that time in my life.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:00 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Kid just lost his dad. I've never been more depressed than that time in my life.
Oh, my heart breaks for his family and friends. When a loved one dies from suicide, it is a terrible path for those left behind.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:33 PM

1,052 posts, read 798,573 times
This certainly hit close to home for us as my son was his class mate, and while not in his circle of friends, he knew him well and liked him.

I think what disturbs me most about this incident is that a 15 year old fully understands that if he called the police and put them at risk, they'd shoot him without question. 'Suicide-by-cop' used to be a negative commentary on police behavior but now has become an accepted norm in our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: