Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 12:31 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,540,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Just find a better paying job.
Yea, there are just falling off trees around here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 05:46 PM

1,443 posts, read 1,568,121 times
Well it is better to rent than buy now.

Plenty of tech jobs and medical jobs that pay well.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:47 PM

5 posts, read 4,443 times
Default La Mesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstory2 View Post
We are a African A. couple my husband is transferring to San diego for work. we have settled on La Mesa , we have no plans to have children (we love kids just no interest in having any). Is la mesa nice will I like it? coming from NJ born and raised.
Also what is job situation like I am a Receptionist at Behavior health center. We are quiet type no drama.
I moved here from Connecticut in 2008 and I love it. I purchased a home in El Cajon, right next door to La Mesa, and lived there for 8 years before moving further north to Ramona. La Mesa is a great town, they have a nice downtown area where Octoberfest is held every year and my favorite coffee shop Bugsy's! Bolt Brewery is also good if you like beer.

I used to work for a telecommunications company and worked in La Mesa quite a bit. There are good areas and not so good areas in La Mesa just like everywhere else. I personally would stay away from any apartment complexes along El Cajon Boulevard, University Avenue, and any that border Spring Valley. If you decide to live close to Spring Valley, get ready to hear the "ghetto birds" or police helicopters all night. Unfortunately, no one warned me about Spring Valley before I rented there for 6 months...bad mistake.

As for your work, Alvarado Hospital and Sharp Grossmont Medical Center are right in town and very close. Along with the plethora of other medical and mental health centers in the area, I think it's a good area to find work.

Having a latino background myself, the one thing I liked about this area was the diversity. I think you'll like La Mesa. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego