Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 06:57 PM

337 posts, read 275,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in L.A. View Post
You absolutely exaggerating the LA Summer heat. We're not Phoenix or Las Vegas. Not even close. We have heat waves during the summer, as does most of the country, but they don't last long. Maybe a few weeks here and there. The rest of the Summer it's usually in the mid 70's to mid 80's in coastal communities (Venice, Playa del Rey, LAX, West LA, Santa Monica, etc.) and high 70's to high 80's in communities around DTLA (Silverlake, Echo Park, Los Feliz, Angelino Heights, Boyle Heights, USC, etc.). Average Summer temperature are highest in the San Fernando Valley, low 80's to high 90's.

If you need further proof, just go to the web and look up average monthly temperatures for Los Angeles. Here's what I found: JUNE Avg 78 high, 60 low; JULY 83 high, 64 low; AUGUST 84 high, 64 low. Sounds like a pretty pleasant Summer to me.
Valley summers are pretty miserable. I'm here right now and usually spend my summers here.June is usually okay but July-October are awful. Even though DTLA isn't near LA, it's bad there too. It's also humid as Hell here in the valley- not FL or NY humid, but still humid. 90-99 for the next 10 days.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:47 PM

216 posts, read 200,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skankhunt42 View Post
Valley summers are pretty miserable. I'm here right now and usually spend my summers here.June is usually okay but July-October are awful. Even though DTLA isn't near LA, it's bad there too. It's also humid as Hell here in the valley- not FL or NY humid, but still humid. 90-99 for the next 10 days.
The West SF Valley (Woodland Hills, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Northridge, etc) can be pretty miserable during the summer, but some years it's not bad at all. It's always 5 to 10 degress cooler in the east SFV (Studio City, Universal City, etc). As for downtown LA, I worked there for 15 years and there's usually a 15 degrees difference between the temperatures in the west SFV and downtown LA during the summer months. If it's 100 in the west SFV it's usually 85 in downtown.

I have to believe the El Nino or La Nina weather phenomenon has a lot to do with the humidity we've been feeling as of late. Last year we also had the humidity. But that's not the norm for this time of year. It's always been more of a dry heat. Global warming? I don't know.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:57 PM

337 posts, read 275,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in L.A. View Post
The West SF Valley (Woodland Hills, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Northridge, etc) can be pretty miserable during the summer, but some years it's not bad at all. It's always 5 to 10 degress cooler in the east SFV (Studio City, Universal City, etc). As for downtown LA, I worked there for 15 years and there's usually a 15 degrees difference between the temperatures in the west SFV and downtown LA during the summer months. If it's 100 in the west SFV it's usually 85 in downtown.

I have to believe the El Nino or La Nina weather phenomenon has a lot to do with the humidity we've been feeling as of late. Last year we also had the humidity. But that's not the norm for this time of year. It's always been more of a dry heat. Global warming? I don't know.
Most of my summers as a youth in the West Valley were miserable due to the weather. Luckily we have always had daily access to a pool that would be used nearly everyday by us. The last few years, it has been humid as hell. At night I see a ton of huge roaches on streets here (in the valley but in PB too but I knew near a beach you usually always have them!). I'm visiting my parent right now and driving back to San Diego tomorrow.I have to drive back up here in a few days. Normally I'm really lazy and would have stayed but due to the weather out here, I'm ready to come by lol and don't mind driving and spending more on gas.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:26 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,716,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
San Jose is more interesting than: Paris, London, Sacramento, Phoenix and so many other cities. Skyline of San Jose is way better than Sac.
Just thought you'd get a kick out of what the OP of this thread is saying about San Jose in another thread. Does anyone here agree that San Jose is more interesting that Paris or London? This guy is being completely serious and defends his statement above. Hilarious.

San Jose has a nice skyline

Old 08-03-2017, 09:40 PM

334 posts, read 360,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Just thought you'd get a kick out of what the OP of this thread is saying about San Jose in another thread. Does anyone here agree that San Jose is more interesting that Paris or London? This guy is being completely serious and defends his statement above. Hilarious.
There's an ignore function. I have to admit that he trolled me successfully at first.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:22 PM

140 posts, read 121,841 times
I wish locals and local politicians would get more active on the homeless issue. It's getting out of control everywhere in California. San Francisco, San Jose and I'm afraid San Diego will go the same way. People are clearly afraid to say anything for fear of being labelled a Nazi or something similar.. If we could move them all up to Sacramento close to Jerry Browns house and let him see first hand how bad the problem is, things might change.

A central homeless shelter half way along I-5 would help everyone. Somewhere they can receive medical help, education, food, showers and for those able to, some work experience. Having worked in San Francisco up until a couple of years ago, it was the most disgusting cess pool I'd ever come across but the local liberal politicians would do nothing to address the problem that they themselves created. I'm afraid it will spread beyond San Diego to the outlying towns and become a burden to them as well

Old 08-06-2017, 07:00 PM

239 posts, read 659,170 times
Tent communities set up on freeway overpasses. How this is allowed blows my mind? Not to mention the impact on the environment but I guess homeless fans will overlook this.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:14 PM

500 posts, read 839,523 times
Whereever you have 1) homeless services + 2) lax police/city government, you'll get those camps. Homeless services are magnets for the junkies.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:54 PM

500 posts, read 839,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
Tent communities set up on freeway overpasses. How this is allowed blows my mind? Not to mention the impact on the environment but I guess homeless fans will overlook this.
"Chico residents living in the south campus area said that transients have destroyed the foundation of a bridge at West 10th and Ivy streets."
"Neighbor Curtis Mullins is also frustrated and fed up. Especially after witnessing transients use a hammer and chisel on the bridge's concrete foundation.“You could hear hammering, construction, they were removing the concrete cinder blocks so they could dig a cave for a camp,” Mullins said.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:27 PM

8,384 posts, read 7,601,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xani View Post
"Chico residents living in the south campus area said that transients have destroyed the foundation of a bridge at West 10th and Ivy streets."
"Neighbor Curtis Mullins is also frustrated and fed up. Especially after witnessing transients use a hammer and chisel on the bridge's concrete foundation.“You could hear hammering, construction, they were removing the concrete cinder blocks so they could dig a cave for a camp,” Mullins said.
Um, Chico is 600 miles from San Diego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego