Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2018, 08:42 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times

Advertisements

Driving home after work today with the two massive cruise ships in the docks, the bay sparkling next to all the new glass and concrete towers and the dozen construction cranes in the skyline harkening new ones with the sweeping Coronado Bridge in the background. Distilleries, stickball tournaments, MCASD & SDSU Galleries, Little Italy Farmer’s Market, architecturally stunning new restaurants, wine bars and brewery gardens to take in and the best ballpark in the country (with far from the best team), all in walking distance from our cottage in the canyon. We certainly feel very lucky to live here.

This indeed is a fine, imperfect, rapidly changing and one of a kind city in a beautiful setting that is easy to embrace. Something that will never be sincerely uttered about San Jose

Old 05-04-2018, 10:23 PM

334 posts, read 363,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
This indeed is a fine, imperfect, rapidly changing and one of a kind city in a beautiful setting that is easy to embrace. Something that will never be sincerely uttered about San Jose
Prior to coming to San Diego, I lived in San Jose and worked downtown for over a decade (I lived close by in willow glen). I can confirm that while San Jose is decent and it is certainly a nice place to live, San Diego is totally dope in comparison. It's a much better as a place to live. Way more beautiful surroundings, right on the water, lighter traffic, cheaper housing prices, (slightly) better weather, right beside Balboa park, more convenient airport, etc. The major exception of course is jobs, which is much better in San Jose.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:40 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,770,445 times
Topper just needs to Go away already!! Jeezuz dude this thread has almost 30 pages on it, when it should have ZERO!

You should be done beefing now, your point has been made, and downtown San Diego still kicks SJ ass.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:45 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
Topper just needs to Go away already!! Jeezuz dude this thread has almost 30 pages on it, when it should have ZERO!

You should be done beefing now, your point has been made, and downtown San Diego still kicks SJ ass.
If for no other reason, SDDT is by the water, cooler temps etc. case closed.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:59 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,874 times
Quote:

Go ahead: live in a fanstasyland of SD having the best downtown in America and everything is just hunky dory. Yeah, SD is way better than SJ.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:17 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:

I agree!

Old 05-05-2018, 07:24 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,379 times
Quote:

Suuuuuuup SD! Yeah, this is a pretty true statement. Too bad it's not within driving distance of me anymore...

Old 05-05-2018, 08:51 AM

3,468 posts, read 5,263,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Honestly, I thought that was well underway for 1/2 half year. Anyway, any new development will help. Remember: a big black hole in the middle and east side of downtown still.
Demo occurred six months ago, but they just got financing.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:02 AM

3,468 posts, read 5,263,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman1 View Post
Tsieber,

The Topper is a San Diego basher and goes around these threads telling everyone that DT San Jose (yes, San Jose) is so much better than DT San Diego. If Topper's perspective seems off, it is because Topper has an axe to grind.
Well, everyone is entitled to march to the beat of their own drum. These forums are intended to provide useful information to people, and with literally every single person disagreeing with him, I think there is sufficient perspective represented here to discount his view as the sole outlier. I'm glad he loves San Jose so much, even while it's perplexing that he doesn't recognize the redevelopment boom in San Diego.

I wonder if anyone's ever thought of working in DTSJ at a really high paying tech firm and living in DTSD for the lifestyle. You could commute reallly fast each day with the airports being super close to each downtown. Expensive but not inconceivable! :-)

Old 05-05-2018, 10:07 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,874 times
Downtown SJ lifestyle is perfect: cosmopolitan, vibrant, artsy, fun and tons of things to do. 50,000 people live in downtown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego