Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 11:05 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,439,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Maybe Zonies there? They don't come here and I like it that way.

psychedelicbeats

29 posts, read 14,468 times

Sounds like your ducks are lined up. You're in a great position to move and buy. Your money will go a very long way. As a Southern California native and a recent AZ transplant (1 year), I've found the Scottsdale Rd. corridor (in South Scottsdale) fitting very comfortably with what's been offered back at home. Our needs/wants are very different to others around the nation because CA has so much going on. You'll find an equal if not better quality of life if you are in the right place. It's really a hotbed there for CA transplants because of its vicinity to basically everything. I lived East of Phoenix not too far off from that corridor near Costco. The neighborhood was less than ideal, but I was still able to take advantage of the conveniences.

I now live in Goodyear, AZ (where many CA transplants reside). There's still a lot to be desired here but I have no kids and want to experience a growing area.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ly-moving.html

LMAO, yep, it's usually the opposite. Arizona get's all the leftover Californians who are being pushed out of California as we speak. You know, the middle class. I imagine some of them will still come back to visit their family and friends they've left behind so try and be a little understanding. Their license plate doesn't tell the whole story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 11:59 AM

771 posts, read 828,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
Has anyone noticed how skimpy bikinis have become in recent years? It's practically mainstream to wear a thong bikini nowadays..

I was surfing D st on Monday and was amazed at how many sets of bare buns I saw on the beach. I swear bikinis of this sort weren't nearly as prevalent 5 years ago.. anyone else notice this trend? #GodblessAmerica
Kook, it's only fair you go, uh, tit for tat.

https://www.amazon.com/Binmer-TM-Und...ne+sided+thong EDITED to add: mildly NSFW

Hit your favorite surf breaks in that bad boy

Old 07-05-2017, 08:23 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,553,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy10 View Post
Kook, it's only fair you go, uh, tit for tat.

https://www.amazon.com/Binmer-TM-Und...ne+sided+thong EDITED to add: mildly NSFW

Hit your favorite surf breaks in that bad boy
Haha, I might be the only person in the lineup if I did that!

Old 07-08-2017, 12:46 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,523,840 times
Cardiff Kook... an out-of-town friend and I did lots of bikini research as we biked in Mission Beach and PB over the 4th of July weekend. We have officially declared 2017 the year of the butt floss.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:51 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,553,138 times
I'm not complaining about the trend, just glad I'm not the only one who has noticed it

Old 07-08-2017, 12:38 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,049,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post

psychedelicbeats

29 posts, read 14,468 times

Sounds like your ducks are lined up. You're in a great position to move and buy. Your money will go a very long way. As a Southern California native and a recent AZ transplant (1 year), I've found the Scottsdale Rd. corridor (in South Scottsdale) fitting very comfortably with what's been offered back at home. Our needs/wants are very different to others around the nation because CA has so much going on. You'll find an equal if not better quality of life if you are in the right place. It's really a hotbed there for CA transplants because of its vicinity to basically everything. I lived East of Phoenix not too far off from that corridor near Costco. The neighborhood was less than ideal, but I was still able to take advantage of the conveniences.

I now live in Goodyear, AZ (where many CA transplants reside). There's still a lot to be desired here but I have no kids and want to experience a growing area.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ly-moving.html

LMAO, yep, it's usually the opposite. Arizona get's all the leftover Californians who are being pushed out of California as we speak. You know, the middle class. I imagine some of them will still come back to visit their family and friends they've left behind so try and be a little understanding. Their license plate doesn't tell the whole story.
I do not mean to malign Arizonans in any way. I understand that middle class people move there. I was just referring to the congestion inland folks cause, not a dislike of them as people.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:36 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,204,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
Has anyone noticed how skimpy bikinis have become in recent years? It's practically mainstream to wear a thong bikini nowadays..

I was surfing D st on Monday and was amazed at how many sets of bare buns I saw on the beach. I swear bikinis of this sort weren't nearly as prevalent 5 years ago.. anyone else notice this trend? #GodblessAmerica
I remember thongs as far back as the 80s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego