U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Status: "Certified Victim™ who walked away" (set 3 days ago)

9,123 posts, read 6,785,261 times

Advertisements

The original Battlestar Galactica was epic. I remember that episode. My favorite was when the commander of the Pegasus kicked cylon booty.

Removal of statues or plaques is associated with revolution. Was there a revolution that occurred about which I am unaware?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 07:21 PM

7,031 posts, read 3,752,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Removal of statues or plaques is associated with revolution. Was there a revolution that occurred about which I am unaware?
There was a revolution in 1860. The revolt occurred when the Confederate states seceded. Over 625,000 men lost their lives in the war that ensued thanks to that revolt.

The Confederate rebellion ended over 150 years ago, and the Confederates lost.

As I said, it's about time to pull down the monuments to those rebels.

Last edited by RosieSD; 08-17-2017 at 07:38 PM..

Old 08-17-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Well, yes, there was a revolution. The revolt occurred when the Confederacy seceded from the United States in 1860. Over 625,000 men lost their lives in the war that ensued thanks to that revolt.

The Confederate rebellion ended over 150 years ago, and the Confederates lost.

As I said, it's about time to pull down the monuments to those losing rebels.
Oh ok, I guess that makes sense except that Abe's statue was torched in Chicago. You know, that old racist white guy that battled the Confederacy.

Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago: 'An absolute disgraceful act' - Washington Times

Old 08-17-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Oh ok, I guess that makes sense except that Abe's statue was torched in Chicago. You know, that old racist white guy that battled the Confederacy.

Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago: 'An absolute disgraceful act' - Washington Times
Lincoln was also a Republican.

So, I guess this isn't the first time we've had an old racist white Republican as President.

(Also, if you're implying that there's a double standard in the Washington Times' decrying Lincoln's statue being damaged, Lincoln won the war. He reunited the United States and had other accomplishments as president. He did a lot more for America than Jeff Davis ever did. And, victors get to keep their statues. )

Last edited by RosieSD; 08-17-2017 at 08:13 PM..

Old 08-17-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Lincoln was also a Republican.

So, I guess this isn't the first time we've had an old racist white Republican as President.

(Also, if you're implying that there's a double standard in the Washington Times' decrying Lincoln's statue being damaged, Lincoln won the war. He reunited the United States and had other accomplishments as president. He did a lot more for America than your idol Jeff Davis ever did. Victors get to keep their statues. )
What have I written to make you believe that Jefferson Davis is my idol?

So Lincoln was a victor, was he not?

Old 08-17-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
You have now twice repeated your claim that Jefferson Davis is my idol. Please explain your claim.
Why do you care if the highway plaque with his name on it was removed in San Diego?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Why do you care if the highway plaque with his name on it was removed in San Diego?
It is of interest and importance due to the goings-on in the United States and in California. The movement to remove statuary and historical references as a whole has sociological implications.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 08-17-2017 at 08:11 PM..

Old 08-17-2017, 08:35 PM

5,920 posts, read 9,061,034 times
Geez, people. Learn some history. The republican that Lincoln was bears no resemblance to the republican that, say, George W. Bush was.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:37 PM

4,507 posts, read 6,735,612 times
Let's remember that Lincoln, a Republican, freed the slaves.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:56 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,112,157 times
Quote:
The original Battlestar Galactica was epic. I remember that episode. My favorite was when the commander of the Pegasus kicked cylon booty.

Looks live Rosie handed you a factual history lesson for the ages, LuvSouthOC.
Yes, Commander Cain of the Battlestar Pegasus was a 'Living Legend' and got his share of booty too, and there are no remaining plaques or statues to the cylon traitor and loser, Count Donald J. Baltar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego