Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 06:42 PM

573 posts, read 585,363 times

Advertisements

As a Braves fan I know what it is like to have the "big name" teams come in and always have more fans. We too are stuck in the basement of suckville and probably will suck as long as Liberty Media owns us and cares more about profits than wins. I have yet to go to Suntrust Park, but many tell me it is very nice. Petco Park I visited the outside during 2011 when I was in San Diego but the Padres were out of town so I didn't get to go inside. It seemed nice from the outside, much nicer than Anaheim or the old Busch stadium, but then again I haven't been inside Petco so I can't say for sure. One thing I would say from vacationing there, people who can afford to live in SD are lucky, as the beaches are amazing, and while the traffic is ungodly, it felt like paradise on the beaches in La Jolla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 07:43 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Spot on! Couldn't agree more. Threads like this seem to get started because some are insecure and upset that others like or praise a place so much, Petco in this case. 90% of people love Petco in my experience.
If everyone likes petco so much, why is it empty?

If people "love" it, wouldn't they go there?

People love Dodgers games, the stadium is packed even in losing seasons. Of course, now that LA is the best team in baseball, tickets are a lil pricey.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:04 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Cute. I've been to every ball park in the country, plus 4 in Mexico, 2 in Korea, and 2 in Japan.

Sorry, but Wrigley and Fenway are iconic. People come from all over the world just to watch games there. It's like watching a game in a musuem. Sitting and enjoying the game in the same confines people did some 90-100 years ago. Those places are icons.

Yankee stadium is a modern marvel, simply amazing.

Sorry but SD's ballpark is really bland and generic, and the fan atmosphere is probably the worst in baseball. Even A's fans at least have passion.

There is just no character to the stadium at all. The beer is really the only thing with personality in the stadium. Honestly, it is a mid grade park, with the worst fan experience in the country. There's just no passion, no history, no energy, no character. It's no wonder the stadium is totally empty.

Anahiem stadium is not as nice, but is light years ahead of SD in terms of fan experience.
So Petco was your final ballpark to visit and it also gives the worst fan experience of them all? I won't even touch that one. Keep doing your thing so we can watch your lack of credibility sink even lower.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Spot on! Couldn't agree more. Threads like this seem to get started because some are insecure and upset that others like or praise a place so much, Petco in this case. 90% of people love Petco in my experience.
In this case, Wizard is so upset by Petco's mostly favorable ratings that he felt the need to create a thread just to bash it. He seems to get jealous, irritated, resentful, disgruntled and distressed all at the same time, when anyone has positive words about SF or SD, no matter the subject. Poor guy.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:

People love Dodgers games, the stadium is packed even in losing seasons. Of course, now that LA is the best team in baseball, tickets are a lil pricey.
Average attendance at Petco is 26k. Dodger stadium seats 56k, but the average attendance there is 45k. For a metro of more than 13 million people, that's a pretty sad percentage.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:19 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:

Probably the same reason other small market teams such as PNC Park and Camden, both of which have even worse attendance than Petco this season. Both are generally considered tops in the nation too.

Yes LA's numerous gangbangers love Dodgers game's......probably why the don't trust them to drink alcohol in the parking lot. Too uncivilized there.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
So Petco was your final ballpark to visit and it also gives the worst fan experience of them all? I won't even touch that one. Keep doing your thing so we can watch your lack of credibility sink even lower.
Nope I went there the first year it was openend. Just never realized how bad of a stadium it was.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Average attendance at Petco is 26k. Dodger stadium seats 56k, but the average attendance there is 45k. For a metro of more than 13 million people, that's a pretty sad percentage.
Dodgers have the best attendance in the league. Even more than NewYork.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Probably the same reason other small market teams such as PNC Park and Camden, both of which have even worse attendance than Petco this season. Both are generally considered tops in the nation too.

Yes LA's numerous gangbangers love Dodgers game's......probably why the don't trust them to drink alcohol in the parking lot. Too uncivilized there.
And yet similar sized markets like Angels have way better attendance. Same for Denver.

You can't drink in a parking lot at Angels games either.

Not sure what the allure is there. I mean I know you do that in Oakland, but those fans don't even bother going into the game, they just stay in the lot. No point in buying a ticket and watching the team.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:32 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,136,249 times
Quote:
And yet similar sized markets like Angels have way better attendance. Same for Denver.

You can't drink in a parking lot at Angels games either.

Not sure what the allure is there. I mean I know you do that in Oakland, but those fans don't even bother going into the game, they just stay in the lot. No point in buying a ticket and watching the team.
Because it costs almost nothing for us to get Metrolinked to Anaheim and get shuttled around (no parking, fuss etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego