Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 04:43 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
How can this even be a comparison? You have to take a ferry ride from Whidbey with long, long car waits and that only puts you in Mukilteo which is at least an hour by car from Seattle at traffic time. I guess you could drive all the way around and catch the 5 at Mt Vernon but that would have to be at least 2.5 hours one way.

How much does the ferry cost? It has to be at least $40 a day, for driver and vehicle? Even if you only did the commute three days a week that is an almost additional $500 cost?

Here would be some much more equivalent comparisons:

Bellevue - Scripps Ranch
Sammanish - Poway
Whidbey Island - Ramona (somewhat of a stretch because Ramona is a much easier commute to job centers)
Greenwood - North Park
Mercer Island - La Jolla

Schools are mostly much better in California than Washington state, due mostly to income taxes, as are services overall. My hunch is you moved from a place like Scripps Ranch to Whidbey, is comparing the school systems there really fair?
Schools much better in California? That's laughable. Sure- good grades and mindless clone parents giving away their loved ones to a school system which is hostile, openly contentious and values unlawful entry kids more and more. You do know what your taxes are going for right? Certainly ain't the kids and the roads. $property taxes Ramona $500k house? $4500.00. Whidbey? $1400.00

Brain spasm? Call my office in the morning. I just love to hear about how much better Cali is.

Last edited by AADAD; 09-03-2017 at 04:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 07:12 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Thank you.
Glad you are enjoying it. A friend on this forum will be visiting there shortly.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:23 PM

686 posts, read 1,137,962 times
Quote:
Again, another poster who reveals the exact reason that I did not like San Diego.
Hey man, not sure why you want to make this a personal attack. All I am saying is that comparing Whidbey to the area you lived in San Diego is apples to oranges.

For most people, Whidbey to Seattle is not a realistic commute. Whidbey is not a job center. I know Seattle well and Whidbey is not considered a suburb. I'm glad you like it and I can see the advantages. But please don't personally attack me. San Diego has some great people, so does Seattle.

The drivers in Washington state are much better. Seattle is a great city and more sophiscated than San Diego.
It is also more expensive. Significantly more. Every house has a bidding war. Seattle has much better tasting water. Seattle is more liberal and progressive. The seafood is better. It is much easier to live in a beautiful, rural area and commute to the city than San Diego. I don't consider Ramona to be scenic. I do consider Whidbey to be scenic. The tech job market is better.

Calm down. Report back after experiencing a few winters up there. I wish you the best and can totally see the advantages.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:39 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,737,271 times
Quote:
You've always been rude. I am offering comparisons for others who may be thinking about relocating. That was, apparently lost on you....no surprise there. I'm here Huckleberry. Any place Any time.
But we're all rude down here according to you, remember? I can assure you that no one in the SD forum is interested in a move to Whidbey. Focus on feeding bambi from your doorstep and baking rhubarb pies for your friendly new neighbors instead of wasting time and energy in the SD forum. We're doing just fine here without you.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:57 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,933,303 times
both SD and Whidbey are nice

Old 09-03-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
You've always been rude. I am offering comparisons for others who may be thinking about relocating. That was, apparently lost on you....no surprise there. I'm here Huckleberry. Any place Any time.
sdurbanite is a great long-time valued contributer - an apology would be best next step and a reset

Old 09-03-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Again, another poster who reveals the exact reason that I did not like San Diego.
do you like me

Old 09-04-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
sdurbanite is a great long-time valued contributer - an apology would be best next step and a reset
lmao

Old 09-04-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
do you like me
asked and answered

Old 09-04-2017, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
But we're all rude down here according to you, remember? I can assure you that no one in the SD forum is interested in a move to Whidbey. Focus on feeding bambi from your doorstep and baking rhubarb pies for your friendly new neighbors instead of wasting time and energy in the SD forum. We're doing just fine here without you.
Last time I checked it was still ok to express one's opinions positive and negative. Go buy a black hoodie and a little black mask and carry a sign promoting anti fascism or some other irrelevant goal. What an attitude. Ma Foie. You and Bloom need to get a room.

Back to the POINT however is despite this poster, there was a net gain in income, quality of life and overall improvement in economic and social stability, the latter is harder to quantify but the economic savings is clear. That did surprise me.

Oy sdurbanite (so cute)....this one's for you.

"Why Jonny Ringo' you must feel like someone just walked over your grave"....Val Kilmer in Tombstone to Michael Biehn.

Last edited by AADAD; 09-04-2017 at 05:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego