Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 04:04 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
I think Whidbey island would be a nice spot to have a vacation or second home, but I couldn't deal with the weather year round personally. I get, however, wanting to be in a more "natural" area. It is very nice there. I don't consider it a reasonable commute to Seattle, however. I view it more like moving to a remote mountain home and/or a place in the central coast of California- nice but isolated.
Thus far the commute is ok. Friday evening can be a 2 hour wait for the ferry due to touristas during the summer....but it's worth it. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 04:29 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,928,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Thus far the commute is ok. Friday evening can be a 2 hour wait for the ferry due to touristas during the summer....but it's worth it. =)
we hope that it is does not get worse than ok, after the honeymoon period

Old 09-07-2017, 08:34 PM

1,051 posts, read 795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Whidbey Seattle actually does not get that much total rainfall, elliotAxelrod
That's what my brother said when he moved from Philly to Portland, OR. Each gets about 40 inches. Only to find that Portland's 40 inches comes in a 7 month long drizzle versus a couple dozen storms in Philadelphia.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:21 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
Yikes, Whidbey to Seattle, that is one heck of a commute. Doing that jog 5 days a week, bleech.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yikes, Whidbey to Seattle, that is one heck of a commute. Doing that jog 5 days a week, bleech.
Only 2-3 days per week. Takes an hour mostly. 15 minutes of that's on the ferry.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:48 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,389,217 times
OK. So if you only commute 2 days a week and don't desire warm weather and have a good job in Seattle, your move sounds great.
If you dislike it when it gets below 70, don't want a long commute, and make a good living in San Diego and have family/friends here, it doesn't sound so good. Not sure what the point of your posts here are. It would be like me posting in the Seattle forum bragging about my pool and ocean view. Why would they care if they are happy there?

Old 10-18-2017, 06:22 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
OK. So if you only commute 2 days a week and don't desire warm weather and have a good job in Seattle, your move sounds great.
If you dislike it when it gets below 70, don't want a long commute, and make a good living in San Diego and have family/friends here, it doesn't sound so good. Not sure what the point of your posts here are. It would be like me posting in the Seattle forum bragging about my pool and ocean view. Why would they care if they are happy there?
Sheesh! What's bugging you?!?!?

It's called "information". It's for the benefit of people here who are considering moving elsewhere. If you have no use for the information, just skip over it.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:33 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Sheesh! What's bugging you?!?!?

It's called "information". It's for the benefit of people here who are considering moving elsewhere. If you have no use for the information, just skip over it.
Yes, he was asked to let us know how it is working out.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes, he was asked to let us know how it is working out.
Thanks, It's hard when people can't read and have limited intelligence.

So an update. It better Rain started and I don't miss the 100 degree heat.

Drivers actually know how to drive in rain with speeds dipping just a little on the freeway.

The is no state income tax, my commute costs have increased but it's still a big win.

People are conservative socially and liberal politically. Kinda the reverse from San Diego.

Bear in mind we purchased a newer home near the water with an acre for under $450k.

We like it.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:36 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Thanks, It's hard when people can't read and have limited intelligence.

So an update. It better Rain started and I don't miss the 100 degree heat.

Drivers actually know how to drive in rain with speeds dipping just a little on the freeway.

The is no state income tax, my commute costs have increased but it's still a big win.

People are conservative socially and liberal politically. Kinda the reverse from San Diego.

Bear in mind we purchased a newer home near the water with an acre for under $450k.

We like it.
Glad to hear that it is working out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego