Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 10:52 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times

Advertisements

OK...Oceanside/Camp Pendleton IS the Marines.

I am not a huge patriot, but had many friends, neighbors, classmates in a little something known as Vietnam. They were 17, 18, 19 years old. Ever here of The Draft? No, probably not. Many lost their lives, others lost body parts, or their minds. So, if nothing else, Semper Fi to them.

Furthermore, the Marines contribute to Oceanside’s economy. Most crime in Oceanside is because of its long gang history. If you spent time there, you would know that.

Also, for practical purposes, Camp Pendleton, and the huge swath of non-concrete, non-HOA & overpriced housing tracts, non-shopping centers, natural acreage is the ONLY thing that has not turned coastal North San Diego County into a non-ending extension of Orange County, so I hope it’s there forever. I would also hate to see O’side turn into what Carlsbad, Encinitas & the like have become.

FYI, I worked in O’side for many years & was a O”side homeowner for 7 years so I guess I know what I am talking about. Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 10:35 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
I love it when someone actually stands up for something these days and its now called a pizzing contest. Ever made up your mind? About anything? I stand by what I said. When someone tells me they know my home that I have grown up in for many, many years because they "have interests" there, yet they reside in one of the most privileged places on the planet and have nothing but BS to spew about my home, I am gonna have something to say about it. Standing up for something has nothing to do with a pizzing contest. It's called pride, backbone, gumption....whatever you want to label it.

I am pretty tired of hearing about how "gang infested low life Oceanside" has now become a better place because city cronies have now put their gang stamp on it with all the previously mentioned. Hotels and spas and pricey homes don't make a place great. In fact, it brings some pretty undesirable a-holes that once graced Carlsbad with their presence and self-entitled attitudes. Sorry, am I pizzing too far?
Good for you!

The late NFL great Junior Seau lived in his hometown, all the way to his tragic suicide in his home on the beach. How are the beachside homes in Oceanside and the neighborhood around it?

Old 11-03-2017, 07:02 AM

1,082 posts, read 832,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Good for you!

The late NFL great Junior Seau lived in his hometown, all the way to his tragic suicide in his home on the beach. How are the beachside homes in Oceanside and the neighborhood around it?
What in the world does using someone's suicide and life tragedy have anything to do with Oceanside?

Old 11-03-2017, 12:43 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times
How has this thread gone so far off course? The original poster has made his decision. He's bought a house in La Mesa. Maybe it's time to just put this discussion to bed?

Old 11-03-2017, 02:18 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
What in the world does using someone's suicide and life tragedy have anything to do with Oceanside?
Nothing. Just to say that Seau despite his fame and wealth, chose to live in his hometown to the end of his life.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:44 PM

66 posts, read 71,646 times
Original poster here, just providing an update that we officially closed on our la mesa home and are looking forward to starting renovations. As a side note, I am pleasantly surprised by the responsiveness of the local government office for questions on things like permitting and identifying which trees are my responsibility vs. the city.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt003e View Post
Original poster here, just providing an update that we officially closed on our la mesa home and are looking forward to starting renovations. As a side note, I am pleasantly surprised by the responsiveness of the local government office for questions on things like permitting and identifying which trees are my responsibility vs. the city.
Congratulations! How long do you expect renovations to take?

Even if you aren't moved in yet, check out the Holiday in the Village event. It's a nice annual tradition and a good introduction to the community feel of the village.

Holiday in the Village, A La Mesa Tradition

Old 11-29-2017, 02:22 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,260,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Congratulations! How long do you expect renovations to take?

Even if you aren't moved in yet, check out the Holiday in the Village event. It's a nice annual tradition and a good introduction to the community feel of the village.

Holiday in the Village, A La Mesa Tradition
Well at least they're having this event *during* the holidays, as opposed to an Oktoberfest in September.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
Well at least they're having this event *during* the holidays, as opposed to an Oktoberfest in September.
Hey, it was the weekend of Sept 29 through OCTOBER 1st.

So, it was at least partially in October.

(It's always the first weekend in October, so I guess they split the difference this year.)

Old 11-30-2017, 07:01 AM

66 posts, read 71,646 times
Traditionally Oktoberfest is supposed to start in September and to through to the first weekend of October.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego