Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 02:43 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,045,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
Hi,

A couple quick pieces of advice. Do you like the job and see potential for advancement? If not, then by all means consider relocation. I think you may like Sacramento. Job market is a bit better than Portland, great outdoor recreation nearby and the best male/female ratio on the west coast. Seattle, Portland and Denver are all awful. In San Diego, there are not as many professionals so you have that going for you.

If the job is good, consider dating non white women. I moved out here from NYC for a great Filipina woman who is incredible and the best thing that ever happened to me.

Austin and Portland are still expensive places with poor male female ratios and huge competition in the job market. Think outside of the box: Sacramento, Kansas City, Omaha, Pittsburgh.

Good luck.
While I agree with you that Sacramento is definitely worth consideration, why would you say Denver is awful? The town is growing like crazy; has an educated, left of center younger generation; and the climate is very tolerable.

If the OP wants to date white women, I think Denver and Omaha would be fine in that respect. Omaha's economy and COL are very good--recreation would be somewhat lacking there though, IMO. I'd recommend he check out Raleigh and Charlotte also. Attractive COL, decent climate for the south, and friendly southern women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 09:34 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,199,327 times
100% of women are single for chad boyo, not sure moving will help

Old 11-29-2017, 04:03 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I'm gonna be blunt- SD is tough place to stand out if aren't good looking and/or have money. If you don't have one of those you have to put forth effort or meet people network with those people and meet women through friends.
Agreed and this is the case for any major city. Being in the Air Force, I’ve lived in multiple cities domestic and abroad. Unless one is 6’4”, looks like Brad Pitt, and drives a Ferrari you’re not going to stick out from the millions of men who already live there.

As someone pointed out, technology is where the “women are.” You can match with someone on an app and setup a date in your underwear without leaving your house. Algorithms, apps, tech, etc is the answer and they’ll be playing matchmaker for humans to benefit. You can swipe through hundreds of profiles in a few minutes.

Going out to bars and trying to hit on a woman who likely already has a man or doesn’t consider you her type, is outdated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego