U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 03:10 PM

29 posts, read 105,218 times

Advertisements

We are planning a trip to San Diego in May. I am currently lookin for a reasonably priced hotel. On the maps the different areas seem to be close to Sea World but I am just not sure of the acutal distance. Can anyone hlep me so that I can decide where to stay. These are the options I have come up with. Please let me know realistically how close they are to the beach and to Sea World. We are planning on visiting those two places and The zoo. Thanks in advance

The choices I have are:
Coastal
Downtown
Point Loma
Mission Valley
Del Mar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 03:49 PM

5,027 posts, read 13,659,811 times
We stayed at the Hilton San Diego resort, which is less than 2 miles from Sea World. We didn't actually go to Sea World, but many people choose that hotel because of its proximity.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:43 PM

7,132 posts, read 19,391,324 times
Del Mar is getting pretty far away from Sea World and I don't think there are many hotels on Point Loma, however downtown and Mission Valley have plenty of hotels to choose from, both of which are a very reasonable distance from Sea World.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:41 PM

1,658 posts, read 6,939,429 times
There is a Hytte(however you spell it) and the Bahia off of West Mission Bay Drive.I've seen the Bahia has a shuttle that will drive you to Sea World,and it should take you no more than 2 mins.If you want to go to the zoo too,you might want to stay at the Hillton,it's on the Eastside of MBay,and Sea World is on the Westside of MBay.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:21 PM

264 posts, read 1,291,752 times
Mission Valley is centrally located. Pt. Loma is close, but you wouldn't want to stay in any of those hotels, unless "dump" is OK for you. If it's in the budget, choose any hotel on Mission Bay. You'll get scenic, walkable areas, and they're very close to Sea World.
I used to live at The Dana Inn (well, on a boat in their marina), and it might be less expensive than the larger chain hotels. It's on West Mission Bay Drive.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:00 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,999,769 times
There is an area called "Hotel Circle" in Mission Valley (a San Diego neighborhood) off highway I-8, which has lots of hotels to choose from, all in the same area. You'll find discount motels, as well as better motels.

Hotel Circle is a short drive (less than 5 miles) to Sea World, and the beaches.

You can see many of the hotels listed at this website:

Mission Valley hotels and accommodation (Hotel Circle), hotel reservations in San Diego, by all-hotels.com

It's a very safe area, and has an upscale shopping mall (Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, etc) less than a mile away (in an area known as Fashion Valley), as well as many other shopping centers, restaurants, etc.

This Google Map will show you the exact location:

Hotel Cir S, San Diego, C.A. 92108, USA - Google Maps

Use your mouse, and drag the map to the right, and you will see Sea World Drive appear on the left side.

You can also zoom in/out to get a better view of where Hotel Circle is relative to beaches, etc.

There are also several very nice hotels located right near the beaches, and Mission Bay. Bahia is one for example.

Last edited by RD5050; 03-20-2008 at 01:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or