Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 05:26 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,527,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Not sure what everyone is talking about here.

Lots of holiday lights around neighborhoods, the Cabbage Patch Kid-like frenzy for Fingerlings, Bing Crosby on the airwaves and Santa using his Force powers to literally show up at all malls across the globe.

WTH are Fingerlings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 06:18 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,593,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
WTH are Fingerlings?
Apparently, this year's must-have-can't-find toy.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:37 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,261,259 times
For the love of Christ, you people DO realize that people are nicer right around holiday season, correct? It's been happening EVERY YEAR that I have been alive.

If people are grumpy in October, and they return to being grumpy in January, you realize that's a much more reliable indicator than temporary seasonal attitude adjustments, riiiiiiiight?

The lack of intellectualism displayed by SD people never ceases to amaze.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:45 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
For the love of Christ, you people DO realize that people are nicer right around holiday season, correct? It's been happening EVERY YEAR that I have been alive.

If people are grumpy in October, and they return to being grumpy in January, you realize that's a much more reliable indicator than temporary seasonal attitude adjustments, riiiiiiiight?

The lack of intellectualism displayed by SD people never ceases to amaze.
A true intellectual would not be surprised.

Old 12-22-2017, 06:45 AM

6,562 posts, read 12,044,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garek007 View Post
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
It's always a good thing to be like Japan. People say that California looks exactly the same as Japan, but I noticed that Florida has even more similarities.

Old 12-22-2017, 06:59 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Getting popcorn This one is all over the road.
Right there with you...

Old 12-22-2017, 07:15 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
OK, I’ll bite.

When I left San Diego & moved to rural Washington, I thought the pace would be slower, people would be relaxed & friendly, & there would be no road rage.

Wrong.

I’ve had more road rage situations here than in my entire life in SoCal...only here, it means as a driver you can be pushed off into a ditch, or down a mountain, or have a foreign object thrown at your car, or have someone throw a foreign object at you when you are walking your dog, all of which myself & spouse have experienced. Speed limits are very low in my area, primarily because the area is a known speed trap & pricey tickets are revenue. State Patrol are everywhere, just itching to bust you. So, I go the speed limit, I can’t afford a ticket. But then, I get my a** ridden & flipped off. What I can’t figure out is, where are these people in a hurry to get to, we’re in the middle of nowhere, & why are they so mad? So now, instead of playing bumper cars on the freeway, I play dodge the aggressive loony-tuner.

Then, there are a lot of people who like the poster in #4 above who are huge California-haters IRL. BTW, that poster is everywhere, I was shocked to see him in the San Diego forum. Oh, well, everything is California’s fault.

It’s just the way of the world, & especially, this country now. If anyone finds Nirvana, please share.
This is pretty spot on. I would say nothing else needs to be said.

I'll add a little bit. My wife and I came back to a small town in the Texas Hill Country near where she grew up. We thought we would make a life here. It is INUNDATED and people are definitely not happy. The Texans hate the townies coming in and wanting all of their "stuff" added to the small town they think is so cute. The townies think the Texans need to get with the times and be more accepting. It seems like it's becoming more of an issue. I never thought anyone would come to small town Texas. I was way wrong.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:08 AM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Personally, life is grand. I'm going to enjoy while I can because things always seem to go sideways. For the most part we have our health, great jobs (plus bonuses), an awesome family and nothing really upside down.

Life is too short to worry about things I don't have any control over.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:43 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,642,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Personally, life is grand. I'm going to enjoy while I can because things always seem to go sideways. For the most part we have our health, great jobs (plus bonuses), an awesome family and nothing really upside down.

Life is too short to worry about things I don't have any control over.
Best post in this thread.

With that, I bid you all Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays (take your pick) and extend sincere good wishes to you and yours for the coming New Year!

Old 12-22-2017, 11:01 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Right there with you...
Don't for get the coke or beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego