Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 03:22 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,034,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
“There” is Southeast Michigan. I have also visited family in northern Minnesota, and have been all through the UP of Michigan, both many times. I’m sure the two have very similar climates to Duluth. I’ve been all through the Great Lakes region, seen them all, and I stand by my previous comment, it’s beautiful but with horrible weather. I’m glad you enjoy it, I truly am, I have family that does, at least they say they do while compliaing about it as well.

I will say I like your comment about wanting to escape to something different every weekend. The fact that you can is the beautiful thing about Southern California.
Glad we can agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 04:34 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Looks like our first snow for the year in the local Mts tonight.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Looks like our first snow for the year in the local Mts tonight.
I hear La Nina has taken a toll on the mountains in the region in terms of snowfall. Even Flagstaff, AZ only just saw snow recently.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:44 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
While weather may be the primary consideration for a few people, I would suggest that most of us look at the broader set of amenities and attractions that go into the overall experience of living in a given place.
Nah ...

Old 01-19-2018, 04:58 PM

Cornsnickers and Badger ... I grew up a few blocks from Como Park in St. Paul, on Breda Ave. ... the little free zoo ... the lake ... That was a few hundred years ago ... well, feels like it now. Uncle Sam saw fit to introduce me to California on the way to Vietnam. I'd just as soon go back to Vietnam as ever live in Minnesota again. So it's all yours!

Mother of my three kids was from the Iron Range, Eveleth ... present squeeze born and raised in Duluth ... soon as they saw California they agreed with my position 100%.

Glad y'all are still loving it, though. Only thing I miss are the muskies and pike! But to catch 'em I'd have to sit in the mosquito swarms summer ... or freezing my butt in winter.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Cornsnickers and Badger ... I grew up a few blocks from Como Park in St. Paul, on Breda Ave. ... the little free zoo ... the lake ... That was a few hundred years ago ... well, feels like it now. Uncle Sam saw fit to introduce me to California on the way to Vietnam. I'd just as soon go back to Vietnam as ever live in Minnesota again. So it's all yours!

Mother of my three kids was from the Iron Range, Eveleth ... present squeeze born and raised in Duluth ... soon as they saw California they agreed with my position 100%.

Glad y'all are still loving it, though. Only thing I miss are the muskies and pike! But to catch 'em I'd have to sit in the mosquito swarms summer ... or freezing my butt in winter.
Good deal! I'll make sure to think of you when I am eating them or the venison my co-workers bring in.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
Good deal! I'll make sure to think of you when I am eating them or the venison my co-workers bring in.
If you're up for shipping some west - I'll contribute some citronella east

Old 01-19-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
If you're up for shipping some west - I'll contribute some citronella east
I live 1000 feet from a spot notorious for steelhead trout. I'll throw in a couple of those too.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:37 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
S Cal has some pretty good hunting within an hour of LA and SD. I'm 13 deer for 11 years and 2 pigs to boot, all public land.

I'll have to eat a bunch of yellowfin before I have room for my AZ deer I just popped last week by Flagstaff. They had an insane rain right before we got there and it was all mud.

We had good rain last year but today is the first rain for us this year. I'd rather eat a walleye

Hey Mutt, did you take your boat across to where you are now?

Old 01-19-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
S Cal has some pretty good hunting within an hour of LA and SD. I'm 13 deer for 11 years and 2 pigs to boot, all public land.

I'll have to eat a bunch of yellowfin before I have room for my AZ deer I just popped last week by Flagstaff. They had an insane rain right before we got there and it was all mud.

We had good rain last year but today is the first rain for us this year. I'd rather eat a walleye

Hey Mutt, did you take your boat across to where you are now?
I didn't know California allowed firearms anymore

I never heard anyone talk hunting (or even fishing really) when I lived there. Maybe I was in the wrong social circle, but I always imagined I would get weird looks for talking about it. I caught brook trout in the Sierras, but they were pitifully small. My co-workers are probably gonna drag me along to go hunting next season. Our city has a city-wide bow hunt for deer. I have a doe and two fawns that frequent my backyard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego