Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 11:29 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I work with someone who just had a nice letter taped to their front door the rent is going up 150 bucks. Wow.
It's in my lease that my rent goes up $100 if I go month to month. But I'm going to have the attorney freeze my rent at $1200 until I move, along with not having to have the house professionally cleaned when I moved out.

He's not going to be happy, and I think he's going to back off, but if he persists, I'll take him to court, and with all of my documentation and pictures, he'll lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 01:32 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
It's in my lease that my rent goes up $100 if I go month to month. But I'm going to have the attorney freeze my rent at $1200 until I move, along with not having to have the house professionally cleaned when I moved out.

He's not going to be happy, and I think he's going to back off, but if he persists, I'll take him to court, and with all of my documentation and pictures, he'll lose.
I’m confused, how is your lawyer planning on freezing your rent?

Old 01-08-2018, 03:02 PM

If I don't renew my lease and go month to month, it goes up $100 per month. The attorney can freeze it until I move. Everything that my landlord is doing is in violation of the lease and CA landlord/tenant laws.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:12 PM

38 posts, read 30,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Nestor is a far nicer and better area.

Just know you didn't discover some secret hidden pocket of nice homes and don't kid yourself. CA is not NY / NJ and most criminals and gang members live at home with their parents... in Cholo view.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Chol...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Take a look at the Ridgeview or Fairmont Park area
Right, I’m aware why it’s cheaper. And CA/San Diego definitely isn’t NY or NJ - Newark, Camden, etc loom far more danger :-D

Old 01-08-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Kendra said she already looked at that house and it wasn't right for her because it is in an HOA.

It sure looks nice to me though, especially given the price!
I agree it’s very nice. Unfortunately, most HOAs are going to say no to more than 2 dogs

Old 01-08-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Check into Mt. Hope and Stockton, both near Costco on Market Street. I have a friend that lives in Mt. Hope, and he likes it. He walks his dog at night, and says that it's a nice area.
I’ve heard that those areas are worse so that’s interesting. Walking a dog at night is a plus.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercad55 View Post
No area in San Diego is half as rough as cities down south or the East Coast. National CITY is supposed to be the toughest area in SD according to stats. NC is another area with affordable homes, great central location, and good food. The people on here saying Chollas is a bad area have never lived in a bad neighborhood in their lives. I lived in Hillcrest drugs were everywhere, you walk down university ave there's a good chance you will witness a crime, and again the same people telling you Chollas is terrible will say hillcrest, north park, and South Park are good areas. There's no shootings every week or home invasions but like most area in SD lots of drugs. I live in South Park a quick drive to Chollas, Ive never seen anything while in the area. Keep doing your research hope you find a good home.
Thank you!!! I appreciate that perspective, and for the most part, agree.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Wait, how many shootings, home invasions and petty crimes are acceptable to you? I prefer zero.
It’s unrealistic to expect any urban area to be without crime....

Old 01-08-2018, 03:34 PM

My neighbor that lives in front of me has a big yard and has five dogs.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:06 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercad55 View Post
Everyone prefers zero, but never going to happen in America sorry. You must think you like in Iceland, Denmark or Canada sorry. Petty crimes happen in every city same with shootings I really don't know what country or city you've lived in your whole life. In San Diego people get shot robbed and petty crime is normal here. 9 people got shot in LA Jolla doing nothing more than enjoying life but I guarantee you would tell people to move there. I advise you to watch the news and stop living in la la land guy
You can sure hedge your bets by where you live. I'd rather rent in a safe hood than own in a real hood. I've live all over the US and all over SD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego