Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 08:20 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,475,285 times

Advertisements

Nestor is a far nicer and better area.

Just know you didn't discover some secret hidden pocket of nice homes and don't kid yourself. CA is not NY / NJ and most criminals and gang members live at home with their parents... in Cholo view.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Chol...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Take a look at the Ridgeview or Fairmont Park area

Last edited by NYSD1995; 01-06-2018 at 09:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 08:22 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra85 View Post
Thank you for italicizing it for me. And I hate to tell ya, NY/NJ neighborhoods can give the impression of being nice while also being high in crime haha

All I'm saying is be sure to check factual crime data for the surrounding area for any home you're considering.

Do a comparison with where you live now. It may very well be that there is less crime in the area you're looking than where you live in North Park, or perhaps different types of crimes.

There is no harm in getting some factual data about the area before buying.

I wish you well with your house hunt!

Last edited by RosieSD; 01-06-2018 at 08:47 PM..

Old 01-06-2018, 08:55 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
I moved to Nestor from Lincoln Acres (National City) in 2004 I have been here since in the same SFR.
The neighborhood I live in is circa 1969. It is called Candlelight Estates. I am in love with the climate here, it is similar to Imperial Beach and North Island climate...any further east the climate gets hotter

This is a really good deal and the sellers are motivated:

SDLookup.com | 1432 Switzerland - MLS# 170051291 - Full Size Pictures

If you map this property, it is very close to the 5 freeway and the Palm Ave trolley station, very important for living in this area. The weather here is fantastic.
Kendra said she already looked at that house and it wasn't right for her because it is in an HOA.

It sure looks nice to me though, especially given the price!

Old 01-07-2018, 11:41 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Check into Mt. Hope and Stockton, both near Costco on Market Street. I have a friend that lives in Mt. Hope, and he likes it. He walks his dog at night, and says that it's a nice area.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:19 PM

249 posts, read 283,062 times
No area in San Diego is half as rough as cities down south or the East Coast. National CITY is supposed to be the toughest area in SD according to stats. NC is another area with affordable homes, great central location, and good food. The people on here saying Chollas is a bad area have never lived in a bad neighborhood in their lives. I lived in Hillcrest drugs were everywhere, you walk down university ave there's a good chance you will witness a crime, and again the same people telling you Chollas is terrible will say hillcrest, north park, and South Park are good areas. There's no shootings every week or home invasions but like most area in SD lots of drugs. I live in South Park a quick drive to Chollas, Ive never seen anything while in the area. Keep doing your research hope you find a good home.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:17 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercad55 View Post
No area in San Diego is half as rough as cities down south or the East Coast. National CITY is supposed to be the toughest area in SD according to stats. NC is another area with affordable homes, great central location, and good food. The people on here saying Chollas is a bad area have never lived in a bad neighborhood in their lives. I lived in Hillcrest drugs were everywhere, you walk down university ave there's a good chance you will witness a crime, and again the same people telling you Chollas is terrible will say hillcrest, north park, and South Park are good areas. There's no shootings every week or home invasions but like most area in SD lots of drugs. I live in South Park a quick drive to Chollas, Ive never seen anything while in the area. Keep doing your research hope you find a good home.
Wait, how many shootings, home invasions and petty crimes are acceptable to you? I prefer zero.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:53 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra85 View Post
Thank you! I agree Murrieta is more reasonable, but I can't do that commute and it also seems relatively rural compared to what I am used to :-D
It actually isn't
Schools, parks Starbucks on every corner.
But like i mentioned, VA approval for only 400k is like a scarlet letter here in San Diego, as soon as owners see it
Good Luck in your search and let know us if find anything or have questions
I second Nestor or South San Diego

Last edited by hitman619; 01-07-2018 at 08:18 PM..

Old 01-07-2018, 11:41 PM

249 posts, read 283,062 times
Everyone prefers zero, but never going to happen in America sorry. You must think you like in Iceland, Denmark or Canada sorry. Petty crimes happen in every city same with shootings I really don't know what country or city you've lived in your whole life. In San Diego people get shot robbed and petty crime is normal here. 9 people got shot in LA Jolla doing nothing more than enjoying life but I guarantee you would tell people to move there. I advise you to watch the news and stop living in la la land guy

Old 01-07-2018, 11:57 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
I'm currently living in National City, and it's fine. But I'll be looking for another cottage starting mid April, thanks to my arrogant a**hole of a landlord that doesn't understand that tenants have rights.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:04 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I'm currently living in National City, and it's fine. But I'll be looking for another cottage starting mid April, thanks to my arrogant a**hole of a landlord that doesn't understand that tenants have rights.
I work with someone who just had a nice letter taped to their front door the rent is going up 150 bucks. Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego