Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 10:34 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
No summons. I hired Mr. Ticket, but then since I already spent the time to write out my explanation to him with photos, I decided to just cancel retaining him and do the trial by declaration. I've had success with doing it this way in the past. If I end up losing the trial by declaration, I'll just hire him to go to the Trial de Novo. Not a bad way to spend $99. I don't mind paying the $234 ticket in advance to do the trial by declaration.

I just need to find the supporting CVC that shows if you enter an intersection on a yellow, you have the right of way to clear it when it turns red. There are a couple of news articles written in LA that say this is in fact written somewhere in the vehicle code, but I cannot seem to find it!!
There are other message boards that cater to fighting tickets. Just goggle the CVC code on your ticket and you should find some message boards out there with answers. To Offense to the San Diego City-Data but, you're not going to find information here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 11:02 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
What you are explaining sounds like an actual Traffic Operation or some kind of targeted enforcement of a specific violation. It sounds like it was coordinated and not just a "trap" that a lone officer was conducting while hiding behind a tree. The fact that three officers were involved and pulling over multiple cars sounds like a concerted effort by the police command to address a specific concern. Motorcycle cops for the most part work strictly with traffic enforcement, so this is another clue that it was not a fly by night "trap". I'm sure the sergeant and lieutenant were well aware of the Op and took into account the time of day and location of the enforcement. Furthermore, I believe they would have their ducks in a row as far as signage and the nuances of each violation. It sounds like they had a successful day of educating the public through the use of economic sanctions.

Moving forward, you need to do some soul searching and ask yourself if you are really innocent in this violation. If you believe you are innocent, I think you should fight it. You can hire Mr Ticket. What do you have to lose but 99 dollars. If he wins the case for you, that's it. Nothing more spent. If you lose, you pay the ticket, the increase insurance and 99 bucks.

Or you may come to the conclusion that you effed up and violated a small traffic violation. It doesn't make you a criminal or any less of a person. Pay your fine and move on.

I think the worst course of action would be to accuse the police of setting up an illegal traffic "trap". This will not get you any love in court and I doubt even Mr Ticket wouldn't take that approach.
WTF ever...I love the climbing up to "correct" this individual. I don't remember him asking you for an opinion on guilt or innocence. Yes, let's all soul search Nothing more than Kindergarten horsechit here.

OP, postpone it for 90 days or whatever the limits are, then set a court date and show up to fight it. After 6-9 months of putting it off, the chances the officer will show up to defend are slim. If he doesn't, case dismissed. Hope it works our for you.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:57 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Cvc 21452 and 3

Old 02-23-2018, 03:32 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
I got popped for going 10 over the limit near Vista.

I used Mr. Ticket and successfully challenged the ticket. Thumbs up from me.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:52 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,989,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Cvc 21452 and 3
These are what I'm going to use. But I read a couple of news articles (written in the early 2000s) from LA that specifically stated there was a vehicle code that states if you're in the intersection before the light turns red, you're allowed to proceed through the intersection.

I also really need to define intersection. I think CVC 21453 sort of defines it, but is the intersection where the limit line is as in my picture? As the limit line and crosswalk are an additional 10-15 feet back from where the four corners of the intersection actually meet. This makes a difference, as I crossed the limit line when the light was yellow but then turned red. The officer's position on Black Mountain Road was such that he did not have direct line of sight at my limit line, the hill and parked cars impeded his view. Also the fact that there was a car in the rightmost lane that turned which was blocking his view of my car. The officer just waved over like 3 cars when he pulled me over.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:12 AM

the ticket is still in the court system and no decision has been made yet. Good news, about two months ago they finally cashed the check. I called them last month and they said it's still in the system and these things take "a long time"...Last time I did a trial by dec, it didn't take 6-9 months!

Old 09-28-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
the ticket is still in the court system and no decision has been made yet. Good news, about two months ago they finally cashed the check. I called them last month and they said it's still in the system and these things take "a long time"...Last time I did a trial by dec, it didn't take 6-9 months!
Something is wrong!
It's supposed to take 30 Days You may have to go down to the court house.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:10 PM

No, I just called them a couple weeks ago. They confirmed receipt of my Trial by Declaration and said they were backed up and it takes "months" for decisions to Trial by Declarations. Alls good in the hood

Old 09-28-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
No, I just called them a couple weeks ago. They confirmed receipt of my Trial by Declaration and said they were backed up and it takes "months" for decisions to Trial by Declarations. Alls good in the hood
I've never had it take that long, Although if it's anything like whats happening with the DMV and even in my office, The State of California infrastructure is in a world of hurt right now!

Old 10-17-2018, 11:11 AM

an update, called San Diego Superior Court today regarding my ticket, still in process, they said they updated to a new system and have a huge backlog of tickets that they had to move into the new system and had to train everyone on the new system. I *should* have a decision by end of year...for my ticket in February!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: