Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 12:19 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,105,784 times

Advertisements

I won't judge the officer's actions because I know what I would do.

Fortunately, for the dog, the officer missed.

Another poster stated, "First of all the dog in question is an Anatolian Shepard. A large dog but extremely gentle and friendly."

I know a family who own two Anatolian Shepherds. One night, the dogs chased a moose cow and her calf who were crossing their property. One of them caught and killed the calf as the cow could only watch from a distance. The point is Anatolian Shepherds are not bred to be a family dog like Lassie. They are bred to be independent, aggressive, and to attack and kill wolves and bears in protection of their herds and anything else they view as a threat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatolian_Shepherd

I wonder how many other times this dog may have gone after someone but it was never reported.

Perhaps, there is more to the story than what's in the article.

Last edited by phlinak; 03-07-2018 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 06:31 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
I hope the dog is not a bichon frise or something non-threatening.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:59 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Who was supposed to be in charge of this dog? Sure are a lot of large dogs running around off leash lately. The average person shouldn't have to guess whether or not a dog is "friendly" or not. Especially a really big one. Years ago I was heading to work and opened my garage at dark thirty. This very big pit mix came charging in and I had to retreat to the house wondering what to do. Turns out the pooch was just hungry and wanted fed but how the hell would I know. Just a year before that two mutts got out of their house and mauled my cat on the side of my house. That cost them a bunch of money to fix my poor puss.

Wife told the lady, you are lucky it wasn't my husband that came upon the attack and she was right.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:42 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia Tripes View Post
First of all the dog in question is an Anatolian Shepard. A large dog but extremely gentle and friendly.
Was it Rick Simon’s dog Marlowe from TV’s “Simon and Simon”? In all seriousness, I had a friend who had one and they can be a very intimidating/menacing dog to an outsider. Not a breed to be taken lightly.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:29 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
To add some additional perspective to the discussion:

La Mesa crime rates decrease to 50-year lows
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego