Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:46 AM

9 posts, read 62,531 times

Advertisements

How friendly is the gay community to newcomers? How does it compare to the gay life in Dallas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 PM

490 posts, read 1,555,369 times
Both cities have lots to offer, SD a bit more cosmopolitan, you can 2-step in both, join some civic organizations in either one and you'll enjoy life

Old 04-12-2008, 12:07 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,075,318 times
If you want to be gay in San Diego, live in Hillcrest.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:32 PM

686 posts, read 1,137,659 times
"Ruin Hillcrest?"

By all accounts, Hillcrest and the
surrounding areas are better than they ever have been in terms of safety, crime, and overall vibrancy. A big part of this is due to the gay community, and this is from the Union Tribune!

Changing neighborhoods | The San Diego Union-Tribune

In fact, according to the Planning association of America, Hillcrest was recently ranked as one of the best neighborhoods in America along with other neighborhoods having a higher percentage of gays including North Beach, San Francisco, and Park Slope, Brooklyn among others. Mesa, Arizona could be so lucky....

Hillcrest

Why does this guy insist on butting into other people's lives? Are gay people really bothering you that much? Why are you even reading a thread entitled Gay Life in San Diego versus Dallas?

Old 04-12-2008, 02:40 PM

240 posts, read 888,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
If you want to be gay in San Diego, live in Hillcrest.
Why would you say this? Do you not believe that there are gay men and women living all over San Diego?

If you're homophobic, I guess I understand why you're scared. The world is changing (as it always does) and some people can't handle it.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyk View Post
im just fed up with the liberalism and lack of morality today
Just saw on your MySpace page that you're 18 years old. You're "fed up" already? Man, you're gonna have a long, frustrating life ahead of you.

One of the things I like about San Diego is that there is mostly a "live and let live" attitude. Yes, there are some noisy folks out there - both left-wing and right-wing - but for the most part, people live their lives without worrying too much about what their neighbors are doing in the privacy of their own homes.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:54 PM

284 posts, read 1,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMark View Post
Why would you say this? Do you not believe that there are gay men and women living all over San Diego?

If you're homophobic, I guess I understand why you're scared. The world is changing (as it always does) and some people can't handle it.
Just wanted to point out that homosexuality is nothing new. It has been going on since time began. This is not a comment on whether it is an acceptable lifestyle or not, but just pointing out that we have not reached some new level of sofistication or perversion (however you look at it). There are points in history where homosexuality was much more rampant than it is today. It always strikes me as funny how people think this is something new, that's all.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanna_house View Post
Just wanted to point out that homosexuality is nothing new.
No kidding.

My post was in response to the guy who said "If you want to be gay in San Diego, live in Hillcrest", and my point was that you don't have to live anywhere specific "to be gay in San Diego".

Old 04-13-2008, 10:32 AM

284 posts, read 1,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMark View Post
No kidding.

My post was in response to the guy who said "If you want to be gay in San Diego, live in Hillcrest", and my point was that you don't have to live anywhere specific "to be gay in San Diego".
Fair enough, I was just responding to where you said "the world is changing". I just don't think things have changed as much as some may perceive.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:15 PM

I'm going to go one step further and ask people to stop calling homosexuality a "lifestyle". Here's the definition of "lifestyle" in case you're interested:

lifestyle - Definitions from Dictionary.com

There are conservative gays and liberal gays, gays who like to party and gays who like to stay home on Friday nights, etc. There is no "gay lifestyle", just as there is no "straight lifestyle".

And for most of us, it's not a choice, so stop calling it a choice. Sure, there are guys and girls who are bisexual and so, to some extent, they're making a choice when they decide to be intimate with a man or woman. But for the rest of us, it's just the way things are and the way they've been as far back as we can remember. The notion that we can choose our sexual orientation is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego