Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 06:53 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Great idea, way overdue. It needs to happen. Let the crazy northern states have their ways and leave the Southern Cal crowd alone.
Yeah, let the crazy northern states keep their water and leave the Southern Cal crowd high and dry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 05:52 PM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
I am voting "NO" only because "HELL NO" is not on the ballot.

Old 06-24-2018, 11:12 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Great idea, way overdue. It needs to happen. Let the crazy northern states have their ways and leave the Southern Cal crowd alone.
So I live in San Diego and am currently back in the Bay Area b after a longer absence, and honestly, I'm surprised that it's nothing like the recent propaganda. I was expecting a huge deterioration but don't see it. The homeless population almost seems worse to me in SD, and most of SF has been shockingly clean and devoid of any of the human waste and drug needles shown on TV. There are a couple of really bad parts of town where it looks pretty bad, but that's no different than twenty years ago. The roads don't seem any worse than down south, people are super friendly, the cities and suburbs are vibrant, and it really doesn't seem any different to SoCal. If you think a SoCal state with LA in it wouldn't be just as liberal, then you'd be mistaken. In fact, most of the red counties in California are in the far North

Old 06-25-2018, 07:24 AM

1,082 posts, read 832,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
So I live in San Diego and am currently back in the Bay Area b after a longer absence, and honestly, I'm surprised that it's nothing like the recent propaganda. I was expecting a huge deterioration but don't see it. The homeless population almost seems worse to me in SD, and most of SF has been shockingly clean and devoid of any of the human waste and drug needles shown on TV. There are a couple of really bad parts of town where it looks pretty bad, but that's no different than twenty years ago. The roads don't seem any worse than down south, people are super friendly, the cities and suburbs are vibrant, and it really doesn't seem any different to SoCal. If you think a SoCal state with LA in it wouldn't be just as liberal, then you'd be mistaken. In fact, most of the red counties in California are in the far North
I think this goes to show that media hype can spin anything any way they want to. If I were to listen to all the reports, one would think SD is falling into the ocean and there isn't a drop of water to be had. LOL Thanks for the real world insight.

Last edited by BBslider001; 06-25-2018 at 07:40 AM..

Old 06-25-2018, 12:18 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
I think this goes to show that media hype can spin anything any way they want to. If I were to listen to all the reports, one would think SD is falling into the ocean and there isn't a drop of water to be had. LOL Thanks for the real world insight.
Any one who trusts the media today is a fool. It is divided by ideology and is no longer "News" rather a source of highly altered and prejudiced stories and from all sides not just one. Kinda like you say, CA dropping into the Pacific is about as true as anything on the "news" today that has any political or ideological involvement. The idea of 3 way split just allows a lot of fun talk, with no change.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Any one who trusts the media today is a fool. It is divided by ideology and is no longer "News" rather a source of highly altered and prejudiced stories and from all sides not just one. Kinda like you say, CA dropping into the Pacific is about as true as anything on the "news" today that has any political or ideological involvement. The idea of 3 way split just allows a lot of fun talk, with no change.
Agreed 100%. We have been gone form O'Side for one year now. We are trying to make a plan to be back by next summer after grad school is done. Now...how to afford it...hmmmm

Old 06-26-2018, 11:47 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
i'll vote for it. so that we could buy AR 15 again

Old 06-26-2018, 11:49 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
so what will be the alpha county? OC or SD?

Old 06-27-2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
so what will be the alpha county? OC or SD?
I don't think any of us knows yet.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:33 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
I don't think any of us knows yet.
You'd need a state capital, and SD is far and away the biggest and most established city, so that would have to be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego