Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 07:54 PM

3 posts, read 22,710 times

Advertisements

HI,
I am planning to buy a condo (Mira Mesa area) worth not more than $200k . I will be staying in san Diego for around 4 yrs. Would this be the right time to buy one? I am a first time buyer.

Please share your thoughts..i
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 10:25 PM

4,537 posts, read 12,397,477 times
It's very close to being the right time. However, 4 years may not be enough time to allow for any appreciation. Though, if you are planning to move within the San Diego area, then your move up property may not have appreciated either.

Definitely map this purchase out in terms of tax benefits, and the location in relation to your job. If those variables make for a sensible purchase then this will work out reasonably well for you.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:18 PM

365 posts, read 1,418,941 times
This is a time to weigh the interest rates to future decrease. A home now at the going rate will end up less expensive than a ~10% decrease at a higher interest rate. Why only 4 years?

Old 04-03-2008, 10:34 AM

3 posts, read 22,710 times
Because i plan to go back to India . Actually 4 yrs is still approx.
You mean to say chances of an appreciation are really less.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:46 PM

17 posts, read 55,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vins_k View Post
HI,
I am planning to buy a condo (Mira Mesa area) worth not more than $200k . I will be staying in san Diego for around 4 yrs. Would this be the right time to buy one? I am a first time buyer.

Please share your thoughts..i
Many studio through 2 bedroom condos are currently bank owned and available at very reasonable prices. In some case prices lower than they were in 2004, meaning we have come almost all the way back from the boom years.

Also, there are many grants and subsidies available to first time home buyers and there is a current bill in Congress to provide a credit for anyone buying home in foreclosure.

I think it is a great time to be a buyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: