Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:52 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,528,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
I am a mere student of Spanish. Shouldn't your intro be "Señora Huracán Rosa"?
LOL, technically yes, but I wanted to be semi understood on the English forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 09:27 AM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
We got 3 inches of rain in local Mts in one hour in August. Big lake laguna is still holding water, enough for ducks. I hope this hurricane fills it right back up again. The local pines and oaks look very healthy. Oaks (scrubs and trees) are loaded with acorns and it looks like it could be a very wet winter.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:36 AM

3,345 posts, read 2,307,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We got 3 inches of rain in local Mts in one hour in August. Big lake laguna is still holding water, enough for ducks. I hope this hurricane fills it right back up again. The local pines and oaks look very healthy. Oaks (scrubs and trees) are loaded with acorns and it looks like it could be a very wet winter.
I hope this storm travels through SoCal rather than Baja and to Arizona again. Its interesting for there to be all that humidity this summer but no rainfall.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:38 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,882,429 times
Next year. Maybe. Fingers crossed.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:17 AM

6,498 posts, read 7,528,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We went camping at Dos Picos in Ramona a couple of weeks ago... the oaks at this park didn't look so healthy and it look like they could use a lot of rain.... I heard also they had some sort of beetle infestation recently at that park so that could be it.

The oaks down here as well say at Flynn Springs Park, Steltzer or El Monte Park could use some of the rain the ones further up the mountains got. I am a huge fan of these County Parks in the East County because they are clean and very well shaded with oak trees that formed along the rivers and arroyos many years ago.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:16 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
We went camping at Dos Picos in Ramona a couple of weeks ago... the oaks at this park didn't look so healthy and it look like they could use a lot of rain.... I heard also they had some sort of beetle infestation recently at that park so that could be it.

The oaks down here as well say at Flynn Springs Park, Steltzer or El Monte Park could use some of the rain the ones further up the mountains got. I am a huge fan of these County Parks in the East County because they are clean and very well shaded with oak trees that formed along the rivers and arroyos many years ago.
Dos Picos has had that oak problem for a while from. It's been devastating and so many have had to be cut out.
https://ucanr.edu/sites/gsobinfo/

Old 09-29-2018, 08:33 PM

987 posts, read 778,790 times
Is Hurricane Rosa coming to town? I remember one year I was driving in North Park and a tree fell and crushed 3 cars in front of me on El Cajon Blvd at Park Blvd. I personally believe that in SD we experience hurricanes and mini tornados. Shhh

Last edited by lostsoul359; 09-29-2018 at 09:49 PM..

Old 09-30-2018, 02:11 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,861 times
Had high hopes for Hurricane Rosa to bring us some much needed rain a few days ago. Earlier this week, the weather service was saying downtown could see up to an inch, and now it's down to less than .10 of an inch. Boo

Old 09-30-2018, 03:04 PM

2,975 posts, read 1,564,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Had high hopes for Hurricane Rosa to bring us some much needed rain a few days ago. Earlier this week, the weather service was saying downtown could see up to an inch, and now it's down to less than .10 of an inch. Boo
We might get a little more from a low dropping down the Pacific later, but at least Rosa's track may cause the water level of Lake Mead to rise.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:54 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,931,730 times
why is just Monday forcasted to be so hot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego