Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,899 times

Advertisements

I have just returned from OB last night and I have to tell you after coming from LAS VEGAS it was such a welcomed change. The climate is amazing, the people are THE MOST welcoming, friendly, enthusiastic and CURTIOUS people I have ever met outside of Ireland. I love the fact you can walk everywhere. When ordering food they use "Green" Biodegradable containers. That is a plus for me giving our state of things. Some stores even give you totes instead of paper so you can reuse the bags. YEA U!!
I believe that nearly every 3rd person I met walking down the streets greeted me with a Good Morning . I thought I fell into Alice In Wonderland. Im just not used to that. They were helpful when you needed something. AND THE BEST PART for me is that it is THE DOG FRIENDLIEST town in America perhaps. We brought our pups and stayed in Ocean Villa Inn, right on DOG BEACH. It was awsome and affordable. The people were great to us. I also recommend OB BISTRO if you want a nice affordable meal with the sweetest and best service. You can bring your pups to eat there too. For me, I wish to promote that little sleepy little beach town, but at the same time I am afraid for people who don't understand or appreciate their way of life to come in and muck it up. I think its best untouched by most. Thats a place to visit or live if you really want to get back to being human again. Sure every place might have its downfalls, but for me I lost hope that such a place and people existed. Thank you for welcoming my husband and pups and I on our MOST needed vacation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 09:48 PM

34 posts, read 120,108 times
The peoples food co-op is in OB if you are into healthy living. OB also has the best farmers market in SD. Not to mention how central it is, you can get any where from OB even with the bad public transportation in SD( you may have to walk a bit, but is healthy any way).

Old 05-25-2008, 11:17 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
I lived there for 12 years. I loved OB! It's not dangerous, but north OB has some drug issues so I wouldn't want to live too far north of Newport (I lived on Santa Monica 1/2 block from the beach). I never had a problem walking around North OB though. South OB/Sunset Cliffs is beautiful.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:05 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Home prices coming way down too. Lots of foreclosures there.
Sorry, I was thinking of Oceanside. I don't know how Ocean Beach is trending in terms of housing.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:00 PM

5 posts, read 14,433 times
Wow great site. I was thinking about moving there from Chicago. Anybody know what the job market or housing market is like right now? Thanks for your reply.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:19 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
The job market here isn't very good right now. Stay where you are for a while.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:32 PM

I was thinking about coming out next weekend just to check things out. What's the weather like during the day? I appreciate your reply, but I'd really like to get out of Chicago before the winter hits.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:24 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
The weather is in the low-mid 70's. If you don't have a job lined up, or money saved, don't move here at this time. The job market is not good. Check out all the other threads on moving here. They'll tell you the same thing.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:10 PM

Your comments make a great deal of sense, so I appreciate your time in writing.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,837 times
Default best place I ever lived

Quote:
Originally Posted by la jolla xo View Post
some people rave about OB but some say it is dangerous. Is it worth visiting?
I lived there for 5 years, had to move back home to Texas for family reasons and I miss it terribly. Never have I met such wonderful, carefree people who would do anything for you. It's affordable, as far as San Diego goes. There are lots of homeless people there, some ready to scam you and others are watching out for you. I kick myself in the butt daily for ever moving away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego