U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-09-2019, 12:02 PM
 
93 posts, read 50,241 times
Reputation: 94

Advertisements

Hey guys I’m actually about to move companies and I’ve found one of the best in my area and coincidentally they also have a branch down in Chula Vista. Been talking about moving for awhile now with my buddy who lives down there and I really want to make the move.

Assuming I could get the transfer and have the job before I get down there what would be your estimated commute times early in the morning around 6 to the location and in the afternoon around 4-6 back to the city proper ?

Can you give me estimations for the major areas of the city ?

Ex

Downtown

Pacific beach

Hill crest

North park ( I think it’s called ? )

Etc

Thanks

It’s the Técnico plant btw if anyone needs the exact address
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2019, 12:15 PM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
1,484 posts, read 647,879 times
Reputation: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg628 View Post
Hey guys I’m actually about to move companies and I’ve found one of the best in my area and coincidentally they also have a branch down in Chula Vista. Been talking about moving for awhile now with my buddy who lives down there and I really want to make the move.

Assuming I could get the transfer and have the job before I get down there what would be your estimated commute times early in the morning around 6 to the location and in the afternoon around 4-6 back to the city proper ?

Can you give me estimations for the major areas of the city ?

Ex

Downtown

Pacific beach

Hill crest

North park ( I think it’s called ? )

Etc

Thanks

It’s the Técnico plant btw if anyone needs the exact address
My wife works in Bonita which is right next door and technically Bonita Rd is Chula Vista, but it took her 25-35 min from Pacific Beach. We were down by the coast and this was during normal rush hour. We’re in east county now and the time is a bit shorter, but a lot less hectic. If you’re just moving here you want to be in one of the neighborhoods listed, not where we are now, unless you plan on settling down and starting a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 12:59 PM
 
Location: La Jolla
375 posts, read 193,780 times
Reputation: 705
My daughter commutes from the Crown Point area of PB to Otay Ranch (eastern Chula Vista) and it takes her 30 minutes to get to work and home. The good thing about this commute is she is always going opposite of the traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 01:49 PM
 
Location: San Diego
3,874 posts, read 5,478,304 times
Reputation: 2608
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
My wife works in Bonita which is right next door and technically Bonita Rd is Chula Vista, but it took her 25-35 min from Pacific Beach. We were down by the coast and this was during normal rush hour. We’re in east county now and the time is a bit shorter, but a lot less hectic. If you’re just moving here you want to be in one of the neighborhoods listed, not where we are now, unless you plan on settling down and starting a family.
I always thought Bonita was a city. It's not. It's unincorporated SD County and not a part of SD City or Chula Vista. You learn something new every day.

To the OP... you can live anywhere in Central SD and have a relatively easy commute to the the Técnico plant in Chula Vista.

Depending on your work schedule, I-805 could be a problem. I-805 North is a parking lot in the morning. I-805 South is a parking lot in the afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 02:01 PM
 
Location: La Mesa Aka The Table
7,708 posts, read 8,338,424 times
Reputation: 8822
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJollaEast View Post
My daughter commutes from the Crown Point area of PB to Otay Ranch (eastern Chula Vista) and it takes her 30 minutes to get to work and home. The good thing about this commute is she is always going opposite of the traffic.
This^^^

Traffic will be reverse Commute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Bonita, CA
1,216 posts, read 1,605,299 times
Reputation: 1503
I think Tecnico is right off the 805 down by Main Street. This is the southernmost part of Chula. If you end up living off the 805 in North Park you could make it a straight shot. Sub 30 minutes. You'll be going against border traffic. When you start having to switch freeways, for instance: going from the 5 to the 54 to 805- that's when time on the road starts adding up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top