Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 07:50 PM

50,277 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Seisels. I love their market items as well and their seasonings and marinades. Very easy to drop some coin in there.

Bishers gets my overrated vote.

And don’t laugh but Food4Less has come through for me consistently- and of course it is cheaper too.

First year that I didn’t preorder my turkey from Siesels and I got a great fresh bird at Sprouts haven’t tried any of their other meat.
Costco if I have time. Bishers if I get a deer early and don't want to process myself as I still want to hunt. Food4less can have some amazing deals and we hit a circuit each week or two of Costco, Food4less and smart and final. Toss in Carnival and Ranch 99 we good. We are very lucky to have access to so many places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 11:16 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,574,371 times
Costco's is hard to beat for meat. I actually drove by Siesel's tonite just make sure it was the same place everyone is talking about. Siesel's is a bit of a dive.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:45 PM

987 posts, read 779,462 times
If I want Grass fed Prime Bone in Ribeye should I go to Costco or Siesels?

Old 01-28-2019, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
I'd go to Costco's. You need to go all the way to the back of the store. If you don't see anything you like, go to Siesel's. The Costco's on Morena and Siesel's are only a few miles apart.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:08 AM

987 posts, read 779,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
I'd go to Costco's. You need to go all the way to the back of the store. If you don't see anything you like, go to Siesel's. The Costco's on Morena and Siesel's are only a few miles apart.
SO from Otay Mesa I am supposed to trek to Morena??

I am looking At Santa Fe Meats in Chula Vista since I live nearby

Old 01-28-2019, 06:05 AM

50,277 posts, read 47,032,885 times
There is a Costco in Chula Juana too.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:25 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Quote:
Costco's is hard to beat for meat. I actually drove by Siesel's tonite just make sure it was the same place everyone is talking about. Siesel's is a bit of a dive.
A dive? It’s family owned has a mom and pop feel. It’s no Ralph’s or Albertsons but...

Walk in next time...It is clean. Maybe a little cluttered but still organized.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:28 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,198 times
Quote:
This falls under “don’t judge a book by its cover”

As for the different Costco suggestions, you can find better prices, but it’s not always the case. The grocery stores will always be cheaper when they’re having a sale on things like chicken breats and king crab legs. As for USDA prime steaks, I bought a bunch there one year and went by Seisel’s afterwards for some sausages only to find out I overpaid, and didn’t get the same service. I’m not saying if you go today this will be the case, but don’t blindly think Costco will always be cheaper.

Starting this Wednesday all the grocery stores will be having killer sales on meats for the Super Bowl. A USDA choice steak will taste better when prepped and prepared by someone who knows what they’re doing vs a USDA prime steak by someone who doesn’t, everytime. As I’ve honed in my skills over the years I found the on sale ribeye for $4.99-$5.99/lb from the grocery store impreesss everyone. I guarantee at least one store will have them for this price this week, I know Ralphs does until Tuesday.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
This falls under “don’t judge a book by its cover”

As for the different Costco suggestions, you can find better prices, but it’s not always the case. The grocery stores will always be cheaper when they’re having a sale on things like chicken breats and king crab legs. As for USDA prime steaks, I bought a bunch there one year and went by Seisel’s afterwards for some sausages only to find out I overpaid, and didn’t get the same service. I’m not saying if you go today this will be the case, but don’t blindly think Costco will always be cheaper.

Starting this Wednesday all the grocery stores will be having killer sales on meats for the Super Bowl. A USDA choice steak will taste better when prepped and prepared by someone who knows what they’re doing vs a USDA prime steak by someone who doesn’t, everytime. As I’ve honed in my skills over the years I found the on sale ribeye for $4.99-$5.99/lb from the grocery store impreesss everyone. I guarantee at least one store will have them for this price this week, I know Ralphs does until Tuesday.
I'm not much of a steak guy. I don't even own a grill. However, I will be entertaining a couple from Dallas next month. I'm taking them here:
https://delfriscos.com/steakhouse/sandiego/

I do cook fish a lot. Catalina Offshore Products (on the south end of Morena Blvd) is my butcher shop:
Buy Sushi Grade Fish Online | Sashimi | CatalinaOP

Old 01-28-2019, 01:23 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,475,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
Costco usually has prime boneless and bone-in New Yorks and Ribeyes for 19-25/lb pre-packaged. Same steak is usually 29/lb at IMF or Siesels. If you want a specialty cut like a tomahawk steak, or dry aged beef, you'll have to IMF. I don't know why folks are recommending supermarkets as they almost never carry prime beef (although some do on occasion. Keihls in San Carlos usually has prime tri-tips of all things)

Last edited by NYSD1995; 01-28-2019 at 01:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego