Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:55 PM

7 posts, read 31,876 times

Advertisements

Ok guys, I am planing a move to Del Mar Ca. I have been looking on the internet for condos and would love to see some pictures of Del Mar. Could someone please tell me where the nearest hospital is as i will be working in a hospital as a rn. It is just me and i need all the info i can get. I live in western Kentucky at this moment. Is Del Mar crowed, is it full of unpleasant people, I heard that Steve Perry lives there. Really I did. Please send pictures or anything on Del Mar will help. Thank you so much. Cathy

Old 09-22-2009, 06:09 PM

161 posts, read 573,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-n-ky View Post
Ok guys, I am planing a move to Del Mar Ca. I have been looking on the internet for condos and would love to see some pictures of Del Mar. Could someone please tell me where the nearest hospital is as i will be working in a hospital as a rn. It is just me and i need all the info i can get. I live in western Kentucky at this moment. Is Del Mar crowed, is it full of unpleasant people, I heard that Steve Perry lives there. Really I did. Please send pictures or anything on Del Mar will help. Thank you so much. Cathy
Del Mar is overpriced, overrated, and the people are very superficial and stuck-up. It gets very crowded there with locals and tourists pretty much year-round. Also, condos (just like the homes) start in the Millions. Unless you are currently loaded with cash and or plan on making six figures at your new job, I would advise against moving to Del Mar.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:13 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,575,311 times
Looks like Steve Perry just may live in Del Mar: WikiAnswers - Does Steve Perry live in Del Mar

He's probably about 60 yrs old. Maybe you'll see him in your Del Mar hospital.

I don't know much about Del Mar. Nice beaches and wealthy people is about it.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:30 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,853,343 times
Del Mar is a quaint little seaside village. Lots of cool little independent shops, great parks, great beaches. Clean, safe ... and very expensive. You will pay to live there, but many people consider it well worth it. The closest hospitals would be Scripps La Jolla (and all the surrounding medical offices and such) and Scripps Encinitas is just a 10 minute drive north.
Is Steve Perry the singer from Journey? I haven't seen him around town, but plenty of celebrities, musicians, pro athletes, and business leaders do live in town.
I don't know how old you are or what your living situation is, but Del Mar is pretty sleepy. Nothing, and I mean nothing, goes on after about 8 pm. Most of the older residents and families like it that way, but I have a single female coworker who is going crazy living there cuz there is nothing to do. So it's not for everyone, just be advised. I'm sure you can google image Del Mar and see plenty of pictures.
Oh, and as you can tell by the other post on this thread, some people who don't live in Del Mar don't like it for some reason and insist on spreading misconceptions, distortions, and exaggerations about the town and its residents. Don't let that throw you, just understand that people are just that way, unfortunately.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:43 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times
The UCSD/VA hospital is also near Del Mar.

As Encinitan said, it's smallish, pretty, and overall a very nice place to live. The town may seem crowded by western Kentucky standards, as all of the southern California coast has more people than average. There is one section of the town that isn't quite as good as the rest, but unfortunately, I can't pinpoint exactly where that section is.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:57 PM

161 posts, read 573,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
Oh, and as you can tell by the other post on this thread, some people who don't live in Del Mar don't like it for some reason and insist on spreading misconceptions, distortions, and exaggerations about the town and its residents. Don't let that throw you, just understand that people are just that way, unfortunately.
I dare you to prove to me that everything that I said about Del Mar is exaggerated and/or untrue. I don't live in North County but I' am willing to bet that I have spent as much time in Del Mar (I used to go there all the time when I had my car and my surfboards) as you have.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:06 PM

I am from a small town in Ky. I really don't like the night life. I really like the laid back atmosphere, was looking for a small town to live in. I was looking at renting a condo for now to start off just did not want to drive a hour or more to get to work. As for Steve Perry i was sitting here listening to him. lol
Thanks to all for the info. If you think of anything else please send it my way.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSanDiegoDude View Post
I dare you to prove to me that everything that I said about Del Mar is exaggerated and/or untrue. I don't live in North County but I' am willing to bet that I have spent as much time in Del Mar (I used to go there all the time when I had my car and my surfboards) as you have.
You have no idea what you are talking about and your posts on a growing string of threads just continue to prove that point. I suggest you just mellow out a bit, stop challenging people about whom you know nothing to debates, and stop posting rants about areas where you admittedly have never lived and only used to visit occassionally.
I have been in and around Del Mar most of my life (40 years), I've lived there, worked there, went to high school there, I have friends and relatives who live there now. I am in the city all the time. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-n-ky View Post
I am from a small town in Ky. I really don't like the night life. I really like the laid back atmosphere, was looking for a small town to live in. I was looking at renting a condo for now to start off just did not want to drive a hour or more to get to work. As for Steve Perry i was sitting here listening to him. lol
Thanks to all for the info. If you think of anything else please send it my way.
Del Mar is well within an hour's commute to either Scripps hospitals. It's even within an hour of other hospitals further south, I'm sure. Man, coming from Western Kentucky to Del Mar --that's quite a move! Can you say culture shock? Have you visited here? What attacted you to Del Mar?

Old 09-22-2009, 07:20 PM

to be honest i am ready for a big move, i am 42 and i was looking at different places in San Diego Ctny and Del Mar just seems to be the place i want to go and live. I have no attachments to Del Mar or Ca at all. I am planing a trip out there late this year. Ready to get out of Kentucky, I have lived here all my life. It may turn out i don't like it but i don't see that happening. lol

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego