Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 03:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,339 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm currently residing in Key West, Florida ( small, boring, hot, and humid as hell FYI ) I will be relocating to the Escondido / San Diego area early next year, and would like any practical information anyone can give me on the area. I visited friends their ealier this year, but only for a week. I loved the landscape, and the heat was much more managable than in FL.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 08:08 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,573,472 times
So what are you looking to know? housing, jobs, schools, shopping, nightlife etc.

Downtown Escondido has a great car show on Friday nites in the summer months:
YouTube - Cruisin' Grand Ave.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:44 AM

664 posts, read 1,946,341 times
If you think Key West is boring, hot and humid..I'm afraid Escondido isn't much differnet in my opinion. It gets HOT there, although probably not as humid though.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:39 PM

132 posts, read 370,207 times
After living on a rinky dink sub-tropical island for four years, Escondido will feel like the big time.
I'm a freelance artist who might be attending the art institute in SD, and would like information such as any nearby galleries, and art shows / venues. I won't have a lot of money when I move out, so I'd like to know of any areas which might have decently priced housing, say a small studio - either in Esco or San Diego proper.

Also, I don't expect there to be any more job ops there than anywhere else, but I might need to get a cashier or general labor type job once in a while to pay the bills, so any insight on the job market would be good. I don't speak Spanish, but my English is great!

Being a big car nut, the "Cruisin' Grand" in Esco is something I wanted to see!

Old 09-23-2009, 04:41 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
If the Art Institute you might be attending is the one in Mission Valley, you'll have quite a drive if you live in Escondido.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:42 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,473,115 times
Escondido is a city in and of itself with good and bad areas. In it's core, it is heavily hispanic and has high levels of poverty and crime. At it's periphery, there is a range of neighborhoods from typical suburban tracts to mansions and ranches on acreage.

Generally speaking it is not a popular area for people relocating to the region as it is quite distant from San Diego. If you are working in Escondido, I would consider it, but unless you have some reason to live there, I would look elsewhere. There are plenty of other, more central places where you can rent a relatively inexpensive 1BR apartment, i.e. Mission Valley, Mira Mesa, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego