U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-18-2008, 09:08 PM

292 posts, read 1,038,438 times
Default Golf in SD

I live in Orange County right now and on the weekends work P-T at a very nice country club but am considering a move to San Diego very soon. Since I get free golf whenever I want up here I am trying to research the golf options down in SD. From what I understand, the courses are MUCH more affordable than the rip-off places in OC that go for 70/80/90/100 a round for an average course. Can people shoot off some courses, locations, and prices? Also I heard by being a SD resident you get massive discounts. Any good courses close to downtown? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 06:11 PM

2,915 posts, read 6,320,993 times
Well, Torrey Pines which is a public course will charge you the same $90+ a round that the rip off courses in OC will charge you. But then Torrey Pines is a world class course that will be hosting the US Open this summer and has spectacular natural scenery that's only outdone by Pebble Beach.

The city park in Tecolote Canyon (Clairemont) has a course that will be substantially cheaper than TP. It's a bit rougher and drier though. Not being a golfer, I can't tell you the current cost.

Balboa Park has a public course as well. I'm not sure if it's 18 holes or 9 holes.

Plus I've seen a golf course in Mission Valley, but I believe it is privately owned by one of the hotels.

Sorry, but for all of these I just don't know the costs.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:49 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,896,874 times
WOW that much to golf?Glad I don't do it.If you can get your hands on a phone book by any chance I think they have the rates.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:43 AM

489 posts, read 929,698 times
There are over 90 courses in the area- - just google golf san diego and I think stuff will come up

Old 04-21-2008, 12:16 AM

349 posts, read 1,020,679 times
In Chula Vista:

The Eastlake Golf course charges about $65 I believe and it's very nice. Salt Creek (just 2 miles away) is a gorgeous course with natural habitat all around (coyotes, rabbits, squirrels, tarantulas even). Not sure what they charge but it is probably similar in price.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:44 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,896,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcda View Post
In Chula Vista:

The Eastlake Golf course charges about $65 I believe and it's very nice. Salt Creek (just 2 miles away) is a gorgeous course with natural habitat all around (coyotes, rabbits, squirrels, tarantulas even). Not sure what they charge but it is probably similar in price.
I drive through that area often,maybe twice a week.NICE!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego