Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:03 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,133,500 times

Advertisements

Palm tree catches fire by lightning in Kearny Mesa

YouTube - Palm Tree Fire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 02:42 PM

4 posts, read 6,334 times
Talk about an odd summer....and fall. We go from the coolest summer in like 100 years to the hottest day since the 60s, and then we start off october with dewpoints approaching 70 (along with water temps, something we haven't seen all summer), warm nights and tropical showers. Besides the cool summer, I have never seen this kind of humidity in October, no matter how warm any previous summers have been!

Old 10-17-2010, 08:40 PM

I am getting tired of this bi-polar weather. It goes from too hot to too cold to just right then back to cold with rain and clouds. I never remember a year like this here!

Last edited by BacktoBlue; 10-17-2010 at 09:13 PM..

Old 10-17-2010, 09:04 PM

6,882 posts, read 8,858,625 times
You're hot then you're cold. You're yes then you're no. You're in then you're out.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:30 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,318,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
I am getting tired of this bi-polar weather. It goes from too hot to too cold to just right then back to cold with rain and clouds. I never remember a year like this here!
I'm glad you posted this & it's not just a case of me being unappreciative. In the passed 15-yrs, I've lived in NYC, Boston, London, Dublin, Seattle... all rainy, colder climates. I moved into my SD apt a month ago on a mild, overcast day & it was raining & slightly windy... in all my many months of research, I never read anything about rain or overcast skies in southern CA. I thought I fell asleep on the plane & got off further north. To me, it's still mild weather & I'm not complaining at all, but it wasn't what I expected. I also spent a week in LaJolla recently, had to wear long jeans & a sweatshirt everyday & couldn't remain near the water for too long as it was so windy & shivering cold.

Recently, I met up with my sister, who has lived in SoCal for 20-yrs. I was teasing her that she probably doesn't even own a pair of shoes, since I've only seen her in shorts & sandals since her move here. She said, "In honor of our recent weather, I'm wearing black flip flops... clearly my winter wardrobe!"

Nonetheless, I'm very glad I'm here & greatful I saved ONE hat, which I've worn 50% of the time since here to keep my hair dry. By far, it still beats snow shoveling in the northeast, but yes, when will I see sunny skies & break out the sunscreen again...

Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
I'm glad you posted this & it's not just a case of me being unappreciative. In the passed 15-yrs, I've lived in NYC, Boston, London, Dublin, Seattle... all rainy, colder climates. I moved into my SD apt a month ago on a mild, overcast day & it was raining & slightly windy... in all my many months of research, I never read anything about rain or overcast skies in southern CA. I thought I fell asleep on the plane & got off further north. To me, it's still mild weather & I'm not complaining at all, but it wasn't what I expected. I also spent a week in LaJolla recently, had to wear long jeans & a sweatshirt everyday & couldn't remain near the water for too long as it was so windy & shivering cold.

Recently, I met up with my sister, who has lived in SoCal for 20-yrs. I was teasing her that she probably doesn't even own a pair of shoes, since I've only seen her in shorts & sandals since her move here. She said, "In honor of our recent weather, I'm wearing black flip flops... clearly my winter wardrobe!"

Nonetheless, I'm very glad I'm here & greatful I saved ONE hat, which I've worn 50% of the time since here to keep my hair dry. By far, it still beats snow shoveling in the northeast, but yes, when will I see sunny skies & break out the sunscreen again...
This is true. We are pretty spoiled here. The "bad" weather really isn't all that bad compared to those places that get 12 feet of snow every winter. I'm glad it doesn't snow here. The weather usually isn't bipolar like it has been all year.

Here is the forecast for the next week.

So even though it looks like we are going to get rain, those temperatures aren't bad at all.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:59 PM

FBFreak...

Yes, we become creatures of habit. When I moved to Seattle one Feb after 4-yrs in Atlanta, I thought I'd turn to ice everytime I ventured out-of-doors. Seattle has a very mild, lovely climate, but after daily sunshine & continual high temps/humidity, the overcast skies, continual winter spritzing & leather jacket temps were a brusk reminder I wasn't in the southeast anymore. Didn't help that everything I owned was colorful/white & either linen or silk... very funny as I moved to Seattle when grunge was just beginning... I looked like a Barbi doll amongst all my flanneled, tattery-locked co-workers. Once I found an Abercrombie for a flanel & jeans & hit Broadway Market for some Doc Martens, I felt nice & warm & fit right in.

Yes, the week looks great to me. Sat looks nice & sunny & I'm determined to finally make it to the Little IT farmer's mkt. Thanks for the weather report & the charts/graphics... show off! (Yes, I'm kidding!)

Have fun!

Old 10-18-2010, 10:33 PM

770 posts, read 1,788,160 times
Has San Diego actually been having Severe T-Storms the past few days?

Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Has San Diego actually been having Severe T-Storms the past few days?
I'm downtown & haven't heard any thunder. It has been slightly rainy (spritzing, basically, no downpours) & a bit cooler for a couple of weeks... still nice as far as I'm concerned... my balcony door is open all day/night.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:47 AM

1,029 posts, read 2,470,620 times
Just drizzle and no real rain, cloudy and kinda humid...

I miss the sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego