Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:00 PM

202 posts, read 872,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunky3301 View Post
Nick .....Way to much thought put in that post.....she was simply saying that the great weather is a factor here....nothing more , nothing less. She or no one else is saying that "sunshine" cures "depression" which is what you brought up in the first place.

I know one thing for sure, we are having to move back East to DC at the end of the summer and I'm not looking forward to the winter weather , cabin fever days, and gloomy weather period. I've been lucky to live in warmer all year round climates for the last 15 years or so.(Florida and California)...sunny days help me alot. But like I've said in other post, the weather is not the only factor of why I love the San Diego area, its the people mostly.

Yeah, well, you try living somewhere, where all people talk about is the sunshine. It gets old after a while and more than a little cliche to say the least.

It makes you wonder, if all people ever talk about is the sun and the weather, then what else is there?

Denver, Colorado has more sunny days than SD, yet I don't hear them frothing at the mouth about it, like most San Diegans do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 09:16 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Don't worry, coming from Seattle, you'll definitely feel warmer living down here. It amazes me how cold/chilly Seattle is for much of the year. Overnight lows there are still in the low 40's, right? It's mid-May!!! People there must have to wear a jacket or sweater at every night of the year. Even in August, your lows are in the 50's--brrrr. Did I mention that I hate wearing long sleeves? At least here, summer nights are often in the upper 60's/low 70's. Sorry for rambling.......

To answer you question further, I think others have already confirmed that you won't find hot and humid here. Leave that stuff in New Orleans and DC. Know that San Diego covers a big area and that the official high temp you see on the Weather Channel is recorded at the airport, which is along the coast. I live within the city limits of San Diego (about 7 miles from the water) and can tell you when they say the high in SD was 80 degrees, it was really 87 at my house, and it's even warmer in the more eastern suburbs, such as Escondido and El Cajon. They're called micro-climates which you'll quickly learn about when you move here.

Good luck on your move!
Thanks for the reply and the good luck! Yea compared to Seattle it will probably feel very warm lol, but I'm from Arkansas(which its in the 70s there just about every day this time of year ) so thats why i was hoping it would get a little hotter than it sounded, because i'm used to it. I've never gotten used to how cold it is here in Seattle(been here for 3 years) and am ready for some warm weather and sunshine! Yea i've heard of the micro-climates there, how it can be like 80 on the coast and in the 90s inland at the same time....cool stuff! I'm looking forward to moving to San Diego, and as people have said it often feels warmer than it is so I'm sure i'll be fine. See ya in SD!

Old 05-10-2008, 10:52 PM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,412,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick682 View Post
Yeah, well, you try living somewhere, where all people talk about is the sunshine. It gets old after a while and more than a little cliche to say the least.

It makes you wonder, if all people ever talk about is the sun and the weather, then what else is there?

Denver, Colorado has more sunny days than SD, yet I don't hear them frothing at the mouth about it, like most San Diegans do.
Why are you in this thread.....if you don't like the weather here....OK...its fine with me and most others..its a free world. And comparing Denver and San Diego is like apples and oranges. I don't know if they have more sunnier days or not? But I know that we don't get three feet of snow and have frigid temperatures in the winter.

I do live here and it's not the only thing people talk about or least in my circles.

Plus this thread is about the "WEATHER HERE" that's why people are talking about it.

Maybe you need to start your own forum????? or move to England....I hear they have lots of gloomy days.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:02 PM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
Thanks for the reply and the good luck! Yea compared to Seattle it will probably feel very warm lol, but I'm from Arkansas(which its in the 70s there just about every day this time of year ) so thats why i was hoping it would get a little hotter than it sounded, because i'm used to it. I've never gotten used to how cold it is here in Seattle(been here for 3 years) and am ready for some warm weather and sunshine! Yea i've heard of the micro-climates there, how it can be like 80 on the coast and in the 90s inland at the same time....cool stuff! I'm looking forward to moving to San Diego, and as people have said it often feels warmer than it is so I'm sure i'll be fine. See ya in SD!
I think you would like it here alot A-team. compared to Seattle. I have to say that we stopped in a town in Arkansas called Conway(along I-40) last year when we were driving cross-country here to San Diego. It was a very nice town and seems extremely friendly...didn't get to stay long but the wife I were quite impressed with it for the short time we were there.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:08 AM

202 posts, read 872,676 times
Default Frothy!

Quote:
Why are you in this thread.....if you don't like the weather here....OK...its fine with me and most others..its a free world. And comparing Denver and San Diego is like apples and oranges. I don't know if they have more sunnier days or not? But I know that we don't get three feet of snow and have frigid temperatures in the winter.

I do live here and it's not the only thing people talk about or least in my circles.

Plus this thread is about the "WEATHER HERE" that's why people are talking about it.

Maybe you need to start your own forum????? or move to England....I hear they have lots of gloomy days.

Wow, it's clear that I got under your skin, and to think you were the one who criticized me first, for putting too much thought into my previous post.
Someone upsets very easily?
Hmm, well after looking at my two posts, I'm not sure why you thought I wasn't talking about the weather. It's fairly clear that I was discussing the weather.

Oh, I get it? My opinions about SD weather must not have fit into your idealistic views, so it is your feeling that I must not deserve to comment on San Diego weather threads?
I gotcha--next time I decide to comment about the "weather" on a thread that is about the "weather". I will be sure to check that the "positive police" aren't around to write me a "ticket" for having a negative viewpoint.
Maybe I'm wrong? But I think last time I checked, this site wasn't governed by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, so I'm guessing it is okay to have a different opinion than that of yours?
Oh, and umm, by the way, it's not a "free world" unless you consider the "world" to be the "United States" but thats not what the dictionary reads. If it were a "free world", then there would not be any dictators left in power.

It is however a "free" United States, which is why we are able to have difference opinions about subjects such as the weather in SD, without being imprisoned, silenced or executed.
And since we are able to express ourselves in this "Untied States" we call "free". I accept your criticism of my views with grace and dignity.
I do however wish they had a little more substance, with less insult, but wishes fuel desire and desire is what drives the human species forward.

It is truly amazing what we have achieved here in America through simple tolerance isn't it?
The power of the American people lies in diversity, not just diverse skin color or ethnic background, but diverse thoughts and opinions, wouldn't you agree?
So I want to thank you, for adding to that diversity with your difference of opinion.

Maybe now with both our opinions posted, a reader will be able to come to a more well rounded and educated idea about the viewpoints of San Diegans and their weather?
After all, if I'm not mistaken I do believe, that's what this site was designed for?

Have a fantastic evening....

Nick

Last edited by Nick682; 05-11-2008 at 12:28 AM..

Old 05-11-2008, 01:22 AM

No you didn't get under my skin and I didn't want to get under yours either. Seems I did though.

No I didn't criticize you first , but simply replied to your post criticizing someones view that "San Diego's" sunshine makes alot of people happy and that made you go off in way that was way out it in "left field" about depression and that the sunshine doesn't have anything to do with being happy or with moods. It was very negative and thats what I was replying to.

Thanks for the civics's lesson, very interesting to have give one in a weather thread, but then again I'm the abnormal one I guess? I'm kind of surprised you didn't list the Bill of Rights while you were at it.I'll be more careful to make sure I don't make the mistake of saying "Free World" VS "Free Country".Again thanks for the much needed lesson. I'm sure your a blast at parties too.

Get over it...some people do come here to live for the WEATHER alone.....all in all it is GREAT WEATHER here. I'm sorry you don't care for it. But the majority of people DO.

Anyway you too have a great SUNNY life.......done. I'm off to enjoy some SUN..................BTW I'm done responding to you .

Old 05-11-2008, 03:31 AM

312 posts, read 1,519,529 times
O Godd !
SD has p e r f e c t weather !
Understand that !

ps. Denver's weather is tottaly crap for me !!!

Old 05-11-2008, 07:12 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,333 times
Quote:
I think you would like it here alot A-team. compared to Seattle. I have to say that we stopped in a town in Arkansas called Conway(along I-40) last year when we were driving cross-country here to San Diego. It was a very nice town and seems extremely friendly...didn't get to stay long but the wife I were quite impressed with it for the short time we were there.
Thanks I think I will love San Diego! And yea Conway is nice, more in central Arkansas. I'm from Fayetteville, which is in the Ozark Mountains(Northwest Arkansas), very beautiful! Glad to you liked Arkansas I do too() and can't wait to get to San Diego

Old 05-11-2008, 07:35 PM

349 posts, read 1,544,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick682 View Post
Yea, but it don't feel so good to be sunny and 35 degrees, lol.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:51 PM

349 posts, read 1,544,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Don't worry, coming from Seattle, you'll definitely feel warmer living down here. It amazes me how cold/chilly Seattle is for much of the year. Overnight lows there are still in the low 40's, right? It's mid-May!!! People there must have to wear a jacket or sweater at every night of the year. Even in August, your lows are in the 50's--brrrr.
My relatives from Seattle like to spend their summers on the Oregon coast where sweatshirts/windbreakers are the norm during the day. The water is so chilly they just go tidepooling. My mother-in-law is so used to their low temps that if it is in the low 70's here she thinks it's hot.

A-Team: why did you leave Fayetteville? Especially since you like hot & humid weather. I read an article listing best cities to reinvent yourself and Fayetteville was one of those cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego