Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:18 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times

Advertisements

Honestly, it sounds like you've never lived in an area that has a lot going on.

Noise/space is the price you pay for being in a fun/walkable area.

But hey, I'm from Boston where you can get a real dump of an apartment and get jacked on rent in the city. Whereas here I can get a place in like North Park/University heights split it with roommates and pay 600/month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 01:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,367 times
I moved to San Diego back in August and was put up in Avion at Spectrum for a month in a half as temp housing (I work in RB). It was a nice place and noise was never an issue there. I never noticed the planes (but I wasn't home much during the day), it's a small air strip and didn't seem to get much big traffic. I doubt you'd be able to find a quieter apartment complex then that. But as you noticed, there's not a lot directly around the complex. That's good because there's not much traffic but bad because you can't really walk anywhere. It just depends on what you're looking for.

I noticed the same things you did when looking for apartments...most of the stuff along the coast is much older and not what I was looking for. UTC has some nice ones as does Mission Valley. I've heard UTC has issues with plane noise from miramar, don't know from experience though. I'm personally very fond of the mission valley area...It's in the middle of everything. I also really like the newer apartments and condos downtown, but those places are a bit more expensive. With your budget it wouldn't be a problem though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego