Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:48 PM

53 posts, read 382,912 times

Advertisements

This problem has been going on for a long time. Unfortunately, I think many of the women may be on drugs or doing it to support their families. Arresting those people may not cease them from doing it in the future.

So, why not make prostitution LEGAL in El Cajon altogether (at a brothel or something)? The mayor needs to legalize prostitution (just like how some parts of Nevada has legalize it) and have those sex workers pay taxes - and be given health, medical, dental, and mental health benefits. For safety concerns, these sex workers also need to be tested for STDs daily at a health clinic.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:08 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homie01 View Post
This problem has been going on for a long time. Unfortunately, I think many of the women may be on drugs or doing it to support their families. Arresting those people may not cease them from doing it in the future.

So, why not make prostitution LEGAL in El Cajon altogether (at a brothel or something)? The mayor needs to legalize prostitution (just like how some parts of Nevada has legalize it) and have those sex workers pay taxes - and be given health, medical, dental, and mental health benefits. For safety concerns, these sex workers also need to be tested for STDs daily at a health clinic.
Do you mean the city of El Cajon or El Cajon Blvd? The original post was referring to ECB.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:12 PM

9,526 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homie01 View Post
The mayor needs to legalize prostitution (just like how some parts of Nevada has legalize it) and have those sex workers pay taxes - and be given health, medical, dental, and mental health benefits. For safety concerns, these sex workers also need to be tested for STDs daily at a health clinic.
The legal brothels are in the middle of the desert for a reason - because no one wants to live anywhere near them. The City of San Diego will never legalize prostitution, never.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:34 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times
In my neighborhood, the some of the residents have banded together to patrol our residential streets at night after a surge in crime last fall. If you've seen more condoms lately, it could be because we've pushed a good portion of this activity out of our neighborhood. Crime overall is down 1/3 in Q1 08 from Q4 07. To soon to tell if that is from what we've done, or just the change of seasons. We are also working with the city on whether we can bring a nuisance lawsuit against a certain business along ECB that is proving to be an attractive nuisance. We also have inquiries into the corporate HQ of another business to see if they will do some after hours security measures at their place to discourage illegal activities.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:28 PM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
The legal brothels are in the middle of the desert for a reason - because no one wants to live anywhere near them. The City of San Diego will never legalize prostitution, never.

Nor should they.....funny how guys say that but then when asked if they would want there "Mother ,wife, sister or daughter" having to be in that trade lowering themselves like that ...they usually sing another tune.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:31 PM

858 posts, read 2,236,476 times
Well, I did see a real live pimp and his followers in a dealership on El Cajob Blvd. The dealer confirmed this to us as we were nervously leaving the lot.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:10 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
I've noticed it as well. I was recently on ECB during the day and saw a quite a few hoochies walking the streets. As Sass said, they've been gone for a long time and now they are back. It's crazy.....

Old 05-13-2008, 07:03 AM

267 posts, read 1,289,077 times
Lots of people complaining about EC Boulevard prostitution in this thread and the lack of a police presence. There is a little something you can do about it. Not a whole lot, mind you, just a little something that might help allay your worries and get the ball rolling on achieving a little peace of mind.

Fact: surveillance cameras will someday blanket the entire city of San Diego, allegedly. They were installed in Mission Beach. The Mission Beach camera can zoom in and read the numbers on the license plate of a car parked in the parking lot of Dog Beach in OB. They were installed there in 2006 or 2007, due in part to the combination home invasion robbery/sexual assault that was the focus of the medias attention. The cameras are expensive. I believe, but I'm not 100% sure, that some of the cost was privately financed. Boyd Long is a San Diego cop who is at the top of their food chain. He's right below Chief William Landsdowne. He was at the cameras unveiling. He said, and I quote, "Surveillance cameras are the wave of the future for San Diego. We want to blanket the entire city with them."

What you can do is the next time you see top cop Long at a town hall meeting is to ask him about the "surveillance cameras are the wave of the future" statement that he made in Mission Beach. Ask him when are the cameras going to blanket the city? You can also help out by trying to drum up private financing. There are a lot of rich San Diegans. You can always start with Adrian Gonzalez. Athletes make a ton of money and Gonzalez is a local guy. You can ask him to make a small donation to help get the ball rolling.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:00 PM

258 posts, read 1,650,860 times
Default Kick Them Out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
How'd you like to find a used condom in your driveway? How'd you like a prostitute and a john doing their "job" parked in front of your kids bedroom at 3AM? I got news for you - they don't just stay on El Cajon Boulevard. That's where they shop, then they close the deal in the neighborhood where it's quiet and full of families.
And how about all of the spillover crime that comes with the prostitutes - violent drunks and drug addicts who commit burglaries, robberies and assaults, child molesters and gang bangers. The appearance and tolerance of prostitutes always means the decline of a neighborhood. When you see these diseased and drug addicted denizens call the police and make their time short in your neighborhood.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:47 AM

1 posts, read 6,707 times
I've definitely noticed more prostitute looking women walking up and down ECB lately. We own a home near ECB and 30th and see them all the time starting from early evening on. I recently saw a dude pick up one of them just across the street from Vons. Makes me kind of ill.

At first we were really into the unique, quirkiness of the area but to be honest the prostitutes, graffiti, trash and general ghettoness of the people on ECB is getting old. When the starbucks moved in I was thinking maybe they'd be turning this eclectic neighborhood around but now they're closing that location and I still don't see any new business's in that area and the lot on 30th and ECB is still empty. I rarely see cops, and few area improvements since we moved here 3 years ago. This area has gone down hill sadly. /sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego