U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:03 PM

3 posts, read 9,013 times
Default Has anyone noticed a rise in prostitution on el cajon lately?

Has anyone noticed a rise in prostitution along ECB in the last couple weeks? Some people have said since summer is coming there has been a increase in daytime sightings despite the Geographic Probation program.

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:32 PM

7,049 posts, read 16,830,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvincent View Post
Has anyone noticed a rise in prostitution along ECB in the last couple weeks? Some people have said since summer is coming there has been a increase in daytime sightings despite the Geographic Probation program.
Yes, it has been increasing over the past year, along with tagging and general crackhead maneuvers. It's the lack of cops.

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 9,013 times
Oh ok. See, I had communication with the public information officer who said it had been on the decline in the last fews years. So, I was confused. I appreciate the input. I am a reporter doing a piece on it for a local paper.

Thanks again.

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvincent View Post
Oh ok. See, I had communication with the public information officer who said it had been on the decline in the last fews years. So, I was confused. I appreciate the input. I am a reporter doing a piece on it for a local paper.

Thanks again.
The statistics are based on arrests. Fewer cops = fewer arrests = crime goes down. It has declined greatly since 5 years ago but has increased in the past 6-12 months.

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:53 PM

1,504 posts, read 3,274,118 times
Why can't they just let those ladies do their jobs? How'd you like if cops came to your office and harassed you all the time?

Unread 05-12-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith143 View Post
Why can't they just let those ladies do their jobs? How'd you like if cops came to your office and harassed you all the time?
How'd you like to find a used condom in your driveway? How'd you like a prostitute and a john doing their "job" parked in front of your kids bedroom at 3AM? I got news for you - they don't just stay on El Cajon Boulevard. That's where they shop, then they close the deal in the neighborhood where it's quiet and full of families.

Unread 05-12-2008, 01:07 PM

957 posts, read 2,256,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
How'd you like to find a used condom in your driveway? How'd you like a prostitute and a john doing their "job" parked in front of your kids bedroom at 3AM? I got news for you - they don't just stay on El Cajon Boulevard. That's where they shop, then they close the deal in the neighborhood where it's quiet and full of families.
Tried to give you rep points for that. Need to spread it around some more first...not unlike these whores.

Unread 05-12-2008, 01:11 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,300,433 times
Quote:
Yes! Can't tell you how many times we'd find used condoms in our driveway from the previous evening's activities or see cars lurking around the corner w/prostitutes leaning in. Not something you want in a family-oriented neighborhood.

Unread 05-12-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Yes! Can't tell you how many times we'd find used condoms in our driveway from the previous evening's activities or see cars lurking around the corner w/prostitutes leaning in. Not something you want in a family-oriented neighborhood.
If I saw that going on I would be out there with a maglite and a camera while calling the cops. Thankfully we don't get much trouble in our neck of the woods but I have found condoms on my block more than once.

Reality is there are no cops to be seen around here. You hear their sirens, or see them on there way somewhere else, but for the most part, police presence in this city is non-existent.

Unread 05-12-2008, 03:53 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,300,433 times
Quote:
If I saw that going on I would be out there with a maglite and a camera while calling the cops. Thankfully we don't get much trouble in our neck of the woods but I have found condoms on my block more than once.

Reality is there are no cops to be seen around here. You hear their sirens, or see them on there way somewhere else, but for the most part, police presence in this city is non-existent.
That's exactly what our community police officer told us to do and I know that at least 4 of our immediate neighbors did that. I wasn't out there with my camera but I did call SDPD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego