Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2023, 06:12 PM

216 posts, read 258,333 times

Advertisements

For those of you who have had it done within the last year - how much did you pay and were you happy with the results? Asking for experiences within the past year since any vet has probably raised their prices since then.

I've been doing price comparisons on the Discounted Pet Dental Care section on the SD Humane Society website and have narrowed it down to East County Large and Small Animal Practice based on price and reviews ($442 for the cleaning and required exam fee assuming nothing out of the ordinary is needed). I just wanted to get input from the community to see if anyone else has found a lower price from a reputable vet that I should look into.

Mexico is out of the question, not making that mistake again. I don't care what anyone says, the standard for medical care there is not up to par with US standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2023, 07:00 PM

10,981 posts, read 6,852,461 times
My vet is $350, including the pre-requisite blood test. That's a screaming deal. Out west a few years ago it was $800-$1K.

I have decided not to do it because my boy is elderly and too many people have told me that problems can result after anesthesia. Seizures, dementia, neurological problems... but that's only in elderly dogs. My dog is VERY elderly. My vet is so sweet, he understands my extreme apprehension even though he says he's never had a problem. He's been the local vet for over 40 years and is well loved and respected, it's just that I'm not prepared to lose my dog just yet or cause problems.

$442 seems reasonable to me.

Old 04-11-2023, 07:27 PM

216 posts, read 258,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
My vet is $350, including the pre-requisite blood test. That's a screaming deal. Out west a few years ago it was $800-$1K.

I have decided not to do it because my boy is elderly and too many people have told me that problems can result after anesthesia. Seizures, dementia, neurological problems... but that's only in elderly dogs. My dog is VERY elderly. My vet is so sweet, he understands my extreme apprehension even though he says he's never had a problem. He's been the local vet for over 40 years and is well loved and respected, it's just that I'm not prepared to lose my dog just yet or cause problems.

$442 seems reasonable to me.
Wow, almost $100 less! Who is your vet?

Old 04-11-2023, 07:51 PM

10,981 posts, read 6,852,461 times
I will DM you.

Old 04-11-2023, 08:05 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
My cats will be getting their teeth cleaned in Tijuana. They'll be going via www.mexivetexpress.com.

Old 04-12-2023, 05:53 PM

3,068 posts, read 1,736,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKiwi View Post
For those of you who have had it done within the last year - how much did you pay and were you happy with the results? Asking for experiences within the past year since any vet has probably raised their prices since then.

I've been doing price comparisons on the Discounted Pet Dental Care section on the SD Humane Society website and have narrowed it down to East County Large and Small Animal Practice based on price and reviews ($442 for the cleaning and required exam fee assuming nothing out of the ordinary is needed). I just wanted to get input from the community to see if anyone else has found a lower price from a reputable vet that I should look into.

Mexico is out of the question, not making that mistake again. I don't care what anyone says, the standard for medical care there is not up to par with US standards.
I got quoted anywhere between 1 and 4,000 dollars depending on if teeth needed to be pulled. But that comes from a very highly rated vet and nothing but the best for our little guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego