Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 10:56 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,404,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
Here's one in the back of my place (Placitas, NM).
What a beautiful creature!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 11:13 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,275,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
Here's one in the back of my place (Placitas, NM).
Looks like the taxidermist got to him already!

Old 08-25-2013, 09:41 AM

20,830 posts, read 16,979,063 times
It's a shame that this state feels it must regulate it's citizens so that they cannot protect themselves.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:49 AM

50,059 posts, read 46,605,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Can you shoot coyotes in this here state?
Let's just say a compound bow works well.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:20 AM

24 posts, read 74,095 times
I saw 2 yesterday morning within the gates of my community. Would not have noticed them but my dog got agitated. They were hot on the trail of something...bunny? Stray cat? Walking with my stick now that it's dark longer in the morning. Trying to take different routes. After hearing about the guy who got attacked in Colorado, I'm feeling jumpy.

Weird thing. One of the coyotes looked more like a German Shepherd. Taller and seemed to have a black saddle. I thought that saddle coloring was selectively bred and not natural. I always wonder if they have mixed with dogs. Or maybe a stray dog paired up with a coyote? hmm. I've heard feral dogs can be more dangerous.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps16 View Post
I saw 2 yesterday morning within the gates of my community. Would not have noticed them but my dog got agitated. They were hot on the trail of something...bunny? Stray cat? Walking with my stick now that it's dark longer in the morning. Trying to take different routes. After hearing about the guy who got attacked in Colorado, I'm feeling jumpy.

Weird thing. One of the coyotes looked more like a German Shepherd. Taller and seemed to have a black saddle. I thought that saddle coloring was selectively bred and not natural. I always wonder if they have mixed with dogs. Or maybe a stray dog paired up with a coyote? hmm. I've heard feral dogs can be more dangerous.

We've noticed with the cooler weather, their coats are darker and sort of brindle One we saw a few days ago had a very dark saddle. During the warmer months their coats are very tan/ golden and blend in with their surroundings.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:21 PM

3 posts, read 4,094 times
August 8 2014 around 2:30 am in San Marcos my Pomeranian got taken away from me by a stupid Cayote they hop our 5 ft fence that night and took him. It happened so quick it was to late for me to safe him. I recently moved here two years ago and I'm hating San Marcos even more. I wish they can wipe out all the Cayote dens. It not safe for children's and animals.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:05 AM

15,111 posts, read 32,143,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree760 View Post
August 8 2014 around 2:30 am in San Marcos my Pomeranian got taken away from me by a stupid Cayote they hop our 5 ft fence that night and took him. It happened so quick it was to late for me to safe him. I recently moved here two years ago and I'm hating San Marcos even more. I wish they can wipe out all the Cayote dens. It not safe for children's and animals.
So why did you let the dog out by itself, if you knew there were coyotes?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree760 View Post
So sorry you lost your little Pom. By evidence of our outdoor cam, coyotes are out on the prowl all night long. Our pics usually start around 11pm and end sometime just before sunup. My puppy is 50 lbs and she is still not allowed out on her own, from late afternoon on. I have seen the coyotes jump our 6 ft fence without ever touching it. They are wild animals and lived here first. It is us encroaching on their dens and hunting grounds. They do what natural instinct tells them to do...which is hunt. It is up to us to keep our pets safe.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:42 PM

Here's a guy the camera picked up the other day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego