U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:53 PM

707 posts, read 2,290,053 times
This idea makes no sense to me.
I mean it does, but its illogical...sorry.
Like California5 mentioned...either find a job in San Diego or your Hubby can find one in the L.A. area.
The long commute, the separate home, double rent, high gas, high mileage on your car can be prevented. Not to mention the status of your marriage.

Good Luck

*I live in Los Angeles and work here too but my parents live in San Diego...I visit almost every weekend...but thats only because Im not married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 06:07 PM

743 posts, read 2,389,717 times
We had a temporary deal like this a few years back, and I rented a room in a guy's house in the Miracle Mile area for my job downtown and drove home to San Marcos on my days off until my wife found a job in Los Angeles. It was passable but not ideal. Choosing to do it for a longer term seems folly to me; what's the point?

Old 07-19-2008, 11:09 PM

365 posts, read 949,367 times
Have you looked up public transit? For example, if you lived in Oceanside could you take the train to Lancaster and he take it to La Jolla? I know La Jolla is doable, but I don't know the Lancaster part. You may also want to look more in the middle, only high cost living is in the middle. Like another said, is there a way to get that same job in SD County or even Orange County?

Old 07-23-2008, 07:20 PM

6 posts, read 10,065 times
thank you all for your advise, yeah we wished if I could get a job in san diego, I am on work visa and work as family therapist, not lot of employers sponsor work visa in my field so I am just taking the job in lancaster hoping to find some soon in 3-4 months in san diego, for now I have just decided to rent an apartment in valencia santa clarita and buy a house in san diego hopefully soon I will be moving to san diego, just pray for me, thank you

Old 02-20-2010, 11:15 PM

1 posts, read 884 times
My husband , my children and I, are planning to move to San Diego but I was afford a position in LA. My husband was afford a position in San Diego. How is the commute from San Diego to LA? Public transportation? This job for me would be temporary until I get a job in San Diego. I hate to drive the traffic in La what is the best public transportation commute? I am actively looking for a position in San Diego as a back up.

Thank you.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:23 PM

7,129 posts, read 18,114,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegomove View Post
How is the commute from San Diego to LA? Public transportation? This job for me would be temporary until I get a job in San Diego.
Not possible.

You can do it a couple times a week, but it realistically will take you 2-3 hours each way.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 PM
f_m

2,290 posts, read 5,152,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegomove View Post
My husband , my children and I, are planning to move to San Diego but I was afford a position in LA. My husband was afford a position in San Diego. How is the commute from San Diego to LA? Public transportation? This job for me would be temporary until I get a job in San Diego. I hate to drive the traffic in La what is the best public transportation commute? I am actively looking for a position in San Diego as a back up.

Thank you.
Highly depends on the exact location of the to/from, since LA is large and could be way north or south. But you do need to allocate ~3 hours each way (train will be more consistent).

Old 02-22-2010, 11:39 PM

461 posts, read 823,873 times
I cannot even fathom commuting every day to LA from SD. what a nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego