U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-16-2007, 10:21 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,382,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
In LA our artists are gangster's who tag boxes with gang symbols and ugly stuff like that. I live in one of the nicest areas and just noticed a brand new tagging on a box.
Don't worry, we've got those too. But I've never seen any in the nicer areas.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 08:54 AM

Oops, I just realized that I labeled a couple of photos incorrectly in the original post. Below are the 2 photos with the correct descriptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Freeway tour of San Diego - Part 1

The 805 South looking towards Normal Heights

5 South next to Balboa Park, with big thunderstorms over the mountains

Old 08-17-2007, 12:17 PM

841 posts, read 4,465,632 times
The houses on the rim, those remind me of houses hanging off the cliffs in La Jolla, nice view but that's too crazy.

The pic of traffic heading north on the 805... you sure you weren't IN L.A.? LOL

Great pics as always.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 PM

841 posts, read 4,465,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
In LA our artists are gangster's who tag boxes with gang symbols and ugly stuff like that. I live in one of the nicest areas and just noticed a brand new tagging on a box.
I've seen taggings in nice neighborhoods in San Diego, one is Tierrasanta but it's usually a name or a tag crew but they get painted over after a couple days. That was in 2002, the last year I lived in SD.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:23 PM

18 posts, read 69,537 times
Great pictures! I live in San Diego and I'm so proud of how beautiful it here. I'll add a few of mine, if I can find any that are different.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:25 PM

2,915 posts, read 6,324,132 times
sdubranite, thanks for the photos of University Heights. Now when I proclaim its charms there are few more pictures to give it proof.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:41 AM

3 posts, read 55,573 times
These pics are absolutely beautiful! Im so jealous...we dont have views like that here in Chicago! Ill be out there in about 4 years when I can actually afford to live comfortably...in the mean time, keep those pics comin guys...your work is definitely appreciated by non-san diegoians!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 04:51 PM

2 posts, read 12,609 times
Default Amazing

Those photos are amazing. If I questioned why I wanted to move to SD before, those pictures said it all. Thank you for sharing.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:39 PM

2 posts, read 13,871 times
ive dreamed of living in san diego all my life and well the kids are grown its just me and my husband.what part is stll safe and aforable.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:07 AM

Welcome to the People's Republic of Ocean Beach (known locally as "O.B."), where smoke shops, surf shops, tattoo parlors, dive bars and cheap eats rule! Known as San Diego's version of Haight-Ashbury, it's a place for hippies, surfers and other colorful characters. Though it sounds rough, it's actually a pretty safe area. Interestingly, just south of here is the Sunset Cliffs neighborhood, which is home to many million dollar plus homes. I'll do a photo tour of that area another time. In the meantime, enjoy this one now.

First Stop, Dog Beach

The San Diego River ends here

Nearby is the Robb Field Skate Park

Newport Avenue - O.B.'s always vibrant main drag

Totally O.B.

Typical O.B. housing stock

Ugly-ass apartments a block from the beach

Another dive bar

The O.B. Pier

Beach shacks....and I do mean "Shacks"

Girl Power (Actually, I saw alot of girls surfing on this day)

The higher up the hill you go, the less hippie and more expensive it gets

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego