U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-13-2007, 12:29 AM

3,658 posts, read 6,707,612 times
Thanks again for the responses, Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcia07 View Post
ive dreamed of living in san diego all my life and well the kids are grown its just me and my husband.what part is stll safe and aforable.
You might want to post your question in another thread. I'm sure you'll get more responses.

To answer you question, there are many safe areas here, but you will pay more to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 10:46 AM

1,923 posts, read 6,255,444 times
Nice pics...I like the Dog Beach....we did a road trip to OB...it reminded me of Vegas....excellent people watching spot!...

Old 09-13-2007, 11:04 AM

176 posts, read 246,095 times
Nice pictures. All so beautiful. It really helps with my choice to move to the San Diego area.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:56 PM

3,266 posts, read 8,970,069 times
newport ave reminds me of washington blvd. in venice beach here in LA. the pier reminds me of manhattan beach pier because MB also has a hill right behind the pier

Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 AM

59 posts, read 262,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
newport ave reminds me of washington blvd. in venice beach here in LA. the pier reminds me of manhattan beach pier because MB also has a hill right behind the pier
The pictures of Newport Ave. remind me of Haight St. in SF, except... cleaner. And sunnier.

Great pics sdurbanite, you've got a talented eye!

Old 09-15-2007, 06:55 PM

Thanks for keeping this thread alive!!

Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 AM

12 posts, read 45,601 times
These are great vacation pictures but hardly representative of what it is like to really live here day to day. Take out the ocean shots, the views from multi-million dollar neighborhoods and of Balboa Park.
These pictures encourage unprepared people to move here thinking this is how it's going to be. Why not post photos of what it's actually like for most people to live here day to day? IN debt. Scraping to make ends meet. What most qualities of housing are? How about photos of some of those half million dollar "condos" that are old rentals converted, with views of alleys, or parking lots, or phone lines? Get REAL.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:43 AM

176 posts, read 246,095 times
Would anyone have pictures of La Mesa that they can share?

Old 09-27-2007, 12:46 PM

1,923 posts, read 6,255,444 times
Smile A positive opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicman25 View Post
He showed lower class apartments, typical housing stocks, and shacks near the beach. Obviously if you are posting a set of pics of OB you are going to include beach and ocean pics. If you are posting pics of a city usually you are going to show some of the nicer aspects of the city. Thats goes for every city, not just San Diego. I know you are trying to "enlighten" everybody to the negatives of SD but this thread isn't the place to do it. If you want pics of run down apts with views of alleys then post them yourself. Nice pics sdurbanite.

Exactly.

As I've said before, very nice pics!!

Old 09-29-2007, 10:53 PM

^^^Thanks!

Sandwiched in between Hillcrest to the north, downtown to the south, Balboa Park to west and I-5 to east is historic Bankers Hill aka Park West. This charming and safe neighborhood has everything you can imagine, including highrises, stately homes, great views and apartment buildings from every decade. It's only drawback it that it's southern half lies under Lindbergh Field's flight path.

Sixth Ave, runs along Balboa Park

Turn of the Century meets Mid-Century Modern

Fourth Ave, looking towards downtown

Who doesn't love mixed-use?

Laurel St. with the airport in the background

An out of scale, luxury condo building

Lots of fantastic and varied architecture

Historic Beth Israel Synagogue, built 1926

San Diego style rowhomes

A little San Francisco in San Diego

Modern lofts

Irving Gill-designed First Church of Christ, Scientist, circa 1910

The Abbey (circa 1910) has been a church and a nightclub in the years past

Highrises dot the neighborhood

Lots of stately homes along great streets

Some modern stuff mixed in

A friendly corner market and deli

Quick plug for one of my favorite late night restaurants, Modus Supper Club MODUS (broken link) (Open till 1:30am everynight, with DJ's spinning while you eat) Try the burger, it's $16 but it's delicious

Be prepared for low flying planes

Canyon crossings - Spruce St. Pedestrian Footbridge

Quince Street Bridge (Built 1905)

Cool, old apartment buildings

.....and some not so pretty ones

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego