Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 08:20 PM

40 posts, read 157,585 times

Advertisements

hi Surburbanite Thanks so much for City Heights My late sister had a lovely house on Lantana where Dwight ends She never felt unsafe in that neigbrhood She was only one three white s on the her end of the block Most folks are nice just poor
I lived there for three months after she died and was impressed wht these nice people who work so hard to make a living and help their childen to move onward
Ilived on 35th andl andis in the late 40's early 50's Cherokee just off University in the very early 60's after college and marriage Thanks forthe lovely memories
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 08:27 PM

40 posts, read 157,585 times
Hi surbubanite D you think you could photograph along El Cajon Blvd sometime? There is anice Greek restaruant across from Coco's How about the old hotel on El Cajon Blvd and Missisiisippi and The Red Fox Room 30th and El Cajon Blvd , The college area Nice shopping areas
How about La mesa Blvd and old West and East Main in El Cajon Hint Hint lol Rose
Thanks for al the beautiful pictues You have made an old most 70 year old lady who can no longer travel very happyThrough you I can come home

Old 11-13-2009, 06:23 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose60 View Post
hi Surburbanite Thanks so much for City Heights My late sister had a lovely house on Lantana where Dwight ends She never felt unsafe in that neigbrhood She was only one three white s on the her end of the block Most folks are nice just poor
I lived there for three months after she died and was impressed wht these nice people who work so hard to make a living and help their childen to move onward
Ilived on 35th andl andis in the late 40's early 50's Cherokee just off University in the very early 60's after college and marriage Thanks forthe lovely memories
Hi Rose60,

I'm so glad you enjoy looking at the pictures (and everyone else's). I'm sure you hate that it's called City Heights these days, when back in the day it was simply known as East San Diego, right? And I would agree that just because City Heights is poor, doesn't mean there aren't hardworking, friendly people to be found. Of course, it has it's share of bad apples, too.

And you won't find a better selection of ethnic restaurants to choose from than in City Heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose60
Hi surbubanite D you think you could photograph along El Cajon Blvd sometime? There is anice Greek restaruant across from Coco's How about the old hotel on El Cajon Blvd and Missisiisippi and The Red Fox Room 30th and El Cajon Blvd , The college area Nice shopping areas
How about La mesa Blvd and old West and East Main in El Cajon Hint Hint lol Rose
Thanks for al the beautiful pictues You have made an old most 70 year old lady who can no longer travel very happyThrough you I can come home
11-11-2009 07:20 PM
I'll do my best to snap some shots of the western end of El Cajon Blvd for you since that is my stomping grounds. You be glad to know that the Red Fox Room is still going strong. Same dark wood panels, red vinyl booths and friendly waitresses with names like Maude, Flo, Mitz, and a vibrant sing-a-long piano bar (for those in the know, think Dresden Room in LA, with Marty and Elaine at the piano...lol) Do you remember Hob Nob Hill near Balboa Park? That's also thriving after 65+ years.

I work with another native San Diegan who has fond memories of the North Park, Ramona and Adams Avenue movie theaters, the trolley barn at the end of Park Blvd and Adams Ave, and the Palisade Gardens roller rink on University Ave in North Park.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:56 AM

302 posts, read 885,515 times
Sunset over Windansea in La Jolla

Flying over Qualcomm

A giraffe at the Wild Animal Park

Sunset after leaving a bar in PB

Some pirate ships on San Diego Harbor, while on a visit to the USS Midway

Sigh.....I miss San Diego!

Old 11-16-2009, 03:32 PM

233 posts, read 885,800 times
Wow. Those are great. Thanks. I live here and I never tire of seeing the pics posted on this thread.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 5,405 times
jmc..moved to daytona bch from **** 7 yrs ago.still miss it ;(

Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times
Ice skating in Coronado. It was in the 70s that day, slightly too warm for the ice to not melt!

This ship is near dog beach in Coronado.

View of downtown San Diego from Harbor Island:

Old 12-21-2009, 03:43 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
nice pics Mak! What's with that boat on beach though? I can't believe they have just left it there for the time being. I can see the City of SD doing that but figured wealthy Coronado would have hauled that off by now. I wonder if they have plans to remove it anytime soon b/c it seems a bit Mexico-ish to leave that on the beach like that.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:23 PM

342 posts, read 1,427,918 times
Great Photo's - I especially love the city at night. Can I ask what type of camera you used to capture that? It is beautiful

Old 12-22-2009, 06:34 PM

78 posts, read 193,527 times
I didnt know they did ice skating in Coronado haha... and i've lived in san diego all my life. Looks fun =]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego