Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:29 AM

6 posts, read 15,521 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=4]hi every one ppl. of san diego[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]me and my wife are coming soon to SD. What scares us the most is the san diego state university parking avilipilty according to many students and websites parking at SDSU really sucks. It's so busy there during class hours and it's crazy and I'm so worry about being late.. i hope i can be on time during our classes with no headache.. for a better education and results, i was thinking to buy a car for my transportation to the university but when i heard about the problem i mantioned i decided to find a place to live near the trolley (green line) right on-site as mission valley,la mesa .fashion valley, all i need is there, shopping centers .restaurants and more do u think i can relay on the trolley for my edu.? and save money and avoid many negative points as fuel and parking permits and traffic ?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]do you like my plan or I'm missing something [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]its my first time experience at the states, ur replay and comments is important for me and my wife . thanks and God bless you all . [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 10:57 AM

490 posts, read 1,551,206 times
Living on the trolley line would be good It is reliable in the morning to get you to school on time. Good Luck

Old 09-02-2008, 11:43 AM

9,523 posts, read 30,375,691 times
parking at SDSU sucks only if you are using the main lots that everyone wants to use. If you just pick a far-flung lot and park in the back or bottom you'll never have a problem. X lot and PS 5 are the best bets, avoid PS 1 & 4 at all costs.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:58 PM

138 posts, read 999,944 times
Parking structures 6 & 7 are least crowded, but are long walks from all the main buildings. I always was okay with parking just outside of PS 4...in the parking lot. The key is, getting there about an hour before class and waiting for the people who are leaving. They usually come back to their cars about 5-10 min after class...and, wait in the line for a spot. People have constructed lines where you wait in your car for the next person walking back to their car...so you've got dibs on the person walking to their car instead of having to just catch someone by their car and leaving.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:34 PM

233 posts, read 884,024 times
I just moved my daughter in this weekend and getting in and out of the campus has been a nightmare. I would do the trolley if it is an option. You can also take the trolley to Old Town and then take buses from there to the beaches.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:02 PM

101 posts, read 329,037 times
Arrive really early. I personally don't mind the far lots. Hopefully you'll enjoy the exercise. My friend once offered people rides to their cars lol.

What you can also do is park the car at a trolley station nearby such as Grantville and take the trolley to campus. They're really pushing for students to use public transportation.

Between car and trolley, I'd choose the latter.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:38 PM

858 posts, read 2,229,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDeb View Post
I just moved my daughter in this weekend and getting in and out of the campus has been a nightmare. I would do the trolley if it is an option. You can also take the trolley to Old Town and then take buses from there to the beaches.
Hi Grateful Deb,

How are you settling into SD?

And welcome...

Old 09-04-2008, 03:45 PM

50,079 posts, read 46,646,985 times
I parked over by El Cajon bl and rode my bike in.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:46 AM

1 posts, read 4,088 times
They suck around the whole radius of the campus in the residential lanes they put this B permit for no good reason... I am paying fu@king thousands of dollars as a student at SDSU. They should atlst let me park one mile away from the campus. They have made this new scheme to make money but it seems so un fu@king fair.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:57 AM

9,523 posts, read 30,375,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk2003 View Post
They suck around the whole radius of the campus in the residential lanes they put this B permit for no good reason... I am paying fu@king thousands of dollars as a student at SDSU. They should atlst let me park one mile away from the campus. They have made this new scheme to make money but it seems so un fu@king fair.
Um, the B permit has been in place at least 10 years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego