Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:27 PM

9,526 posts, read 30,475,285 times

Advertisements

we had a dozen or so but went to a party around 7:30. My street is dark and on a hill so we don't get too many. We saw groups of 20+ in San Carlos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 08:08 PM

284 posts, read 1,016,671 times
I can't believe that adults would come to your door with no costumes! Talk about no shame! I always go a little easy on the teens as long as they dress up. I know they are at a point where they just don't know what to do but still want to have fun on Halloween like everyone else. We didn't get any this year though, due to the fact that we live in an apartment complex now.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:08 AM

213 posts, read 823,203 times
I don't know if anyone else had noticed but doesn't it seem like kids aren't really as festive anymore (for Halloween anyways)? I grew up mainly in the 90's and EVERYONE trick-or-treated; usually starting very early and coming back home late. It seems like a lot less kids are out, start getting their candy a little later, and then go back home earlier.

Then again maybe most of my neighbors grew up.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:38 AM

9,526 posts, read 30,475,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambazon View Post
I don't know if anyone else had noticed but doesn't it seem like kids aren't really as festive anymore (for Halloween anyways)? I grew up mainly in the 90's and EVERYONE trick-or-treated; usually starting very early and coming back home late. It seems like a lot less kids are out, start getting their candy a little later, and then go back home earlier.
Halloween is nowadays an unsafe holiday. It is a shame.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:12 PM

284 posts, read 1,016,671 times
I wanted to mention that I was pleased with the level of festivity here. My husband and I went downtown and were amazed by how many people were in full costume walking the streets and just having fun. We also went to the Haunted Hotel, and we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the attraction. In the Detroit area we have dozens of these attractions so my standards are a little high and I was not disappointed!

As we were walking out of the Haunted Hotel we saw a HUGE group of bicyclists ride by...hundreds...most of the riders were dressed up. They completely stopped traffic! What was this all about?

Oh and before we went downtown we stopped at a house in La Mesa my husband found out about dubbed The Haunted Trail At Golojuch Manor. I can't believe a home owner could put something so lavish together, and it was free. It was pretty kid friendly too so I recommend checking it out next year, if ya missed it!

Old 11-04-2008, 05:48 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwind15 View Post
La Mesa. I had never seen that before. No costume, no kids, just flat out holding a bag out and expecting me to fill it. Drive to the store and buy your own, geez! I asked the first two why they were out at their age. They said 'We're not grown up yet"! Grown up enough for the car they were driving though, apparently...

We had some of the most adorable little ones, though! Personally, I think 13 or 14 is the cut off.
westwind.....la mesa....i know exactly where you live..Fletcher Hills!!!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:28 AM

313 posts, read 728,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
westwind.....la mesa....i know exactly where you live..Fletcher Hills!!!

Nope. La Mesa/College!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego