Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 09:13 PM

33 posts, read 130,408 times

Advertisements

my priorities are

1 lot size & weather
2 traffic
3 commute to places to do business and get supplies, groceries building supplies
4 schools i know it should be NR 1
5 low crime
6 fire danger

Does valley center cooler temps in summer?
according to weather.com it's only median high of 91 posters in forum says Ramona summers are in the 100.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,401 times
I can't answer all of your questions but I'll give you some information that I do know.

Comparing both cities I would say Valley Center will offer you more in terms of being close to businesses and other cities, your close to Escondido and between Valley Center, Escondido, & San Marcos which is close to Escondido you will have everything you need as far as that goes. Ramona is more distant from other cities.

When it comes to schools I'd give the edge to Ramona, their school district is better and has more to offer than Valley Center's. Neither are worth bragging about but that's just my opinion, I have heard more good things about Ramona though when it comes to schools versus Valley Center.

Fire danger is a concern in both cities unfortunately, both cities were hit during the 2003 firestorm, and Ramona was hit again in 2007. I live in Escondido and remember seeing the Valley Center fire in 2003 from my front yard. Now, it doesn't mean they are guaranteed to have more fires, but it's a concern is all I would say and something you'd want to think about when looking for a place to live there.

Since I don't live in either city I can't really speak on the crime to much or the traffic within the cities. I just wanted to offer some help on what I did know at least.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 AM

What a bout Fallbrook is it nicer than valley center? is there trails to ride?

Old 11-07-2008, 08:57 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,473,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldminer View Post
my priorities are

1 lot size & weather
2 traffic
3 commute to places to do business and get supplies, groceries building supplies
4 schools i know it should be NR 1
5 low crime
6 fire danger

Does valley center cooler temps in summer?
according to weather.com it's only median high of 91 posters in forum says Ramona summers are in the 100.
Based on your criteria, it's a toss-up mostly.

They are both pretty remote, Valley Center is closer to Escondido, Ramona does have it's own town but is farther from big city amenities. Traffic is bad in both but worse because of the 15 and commuter traffic in Valley Center. Schools, neither is terrific. Plan on driving your kid to school. Low crime, if you are buying acreage should not be an issue. Fire danger is extremely high in both areas and you will have to learn to live with it. Weather will be similar... hot.

Valley Center is becoming a more upscale / custom home area while Ramona remains more semi-rural horse property / ranch area.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:45 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldminer View Post
What a bout Fallbrook is it nicer than valley center? is there trails to ride?
Yes I would say it's nicer, and there are some better areas to live at there as well. I'm not exactly sure about the trails but if I had to guess I'd say yes, someone else should be able to confirm this though.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:39 AM

What about trails for horse back riding ? Is there more in valley center?

Old 02-07-2009, 06:58 PM

53 posts, read 375,120 times
Some great trails in and near Fallbrook and just south, in Bonsall, too. Horse Trails in Fallbrook California Fallbrook is about 10 degrees warmer than the ocean since it's inland a bit but much more comfortable than Valley Center or Ramona which get very hot in the summer.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:02 PM

13 posts, read 38,638 times
Depends on where you're looking, parts of Fallbrook are only about a mile from parts of Valley Center. It's a matter of finding the feel you're looking for. You can figure about a half a degree in temps for every mile you go inland. Valley Center has some wonderful areas on the Western side which have great ocean breezes and is in the "avocado belt" - with no (real) frost and no super hot temps - perfect for fussy avocados........and the schools are pretty comparable between VC, Fallbrook and Ramona.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,388 times
Ramona and Valley Center are two of the towns I'm considering moving to. Low crimes, low density/rural atmosphere, and withing an hour or so commute of Northern San Diego are my three top criteria. Are there any other towns you can recommend that are comparable? Thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego