Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 07:48 PM

73 posts, read 215,503 times

Advertisements

Has anybody heard of this guy, Ron Hinton, in Oceanside?
He goes around with a couple cameras, harrassing minorities dressed in baggy clothing, provoking them, calls them gangsters, and posts their videos on the internet.

Why is this nutjob allowed to run around?
Has anyone had an experience with him?

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > North County -- Neighborhood watcher or video vigilante?

OCEANSIDE GANGBUSTERS 4TH OF JULY THUG HUNT - PART ONE on Yahoo! Video (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/3039390/8681847 - broken link)
(Skip like a minute into it.)

OCEANSIDE GANGBUSTERS 4TH OF JULY THUG HUNT - PART FIVE on Yahoo! Video (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/3040798/8684802 - broken link)

Old 11-03-2008, 02:02 AM

258 posts, read 1,646,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quepaso View Post
Has anybody heard of this guy, Ron Hinton, in Oceanside?
He goes around with a couple cameras, harrassing minorities dressed in baggy clothing, provoking them, calls them gangsters, and posts their videos on the internet.

Why is this nutjob allowed to run around?
Has anyone had an experience with him?

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > North County -- Neighborhood watcher or video vigilante.
I don't think he is racist. If the majority of gangbangers in Oceanside happen to be black, hispanic or asian than thats the reality there.

At the end of the article you quote in the SignOnSanDiego a hispanic man supports his efforts and he is hispanic.(Mr. Ortega) So where is the "racism" ?

Old 11-03-2008, 09:21 AM

9,521 posts, read 30,346,826 times
This guy is a kook, but there is something to this.

Why are so many kids content to be walking stereotypes? You dress like a hood, talk like a hood, wak and carry yourself like a hood, and then scream and cry when someone calls you a hood?

This current generation is just completely lost, I thought it was bad when I was a kid.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
This guy is a kook, but there is something to this.

Why are so many kids content to be walking stereotypes? You dress like a hood, talk like a hood, wak and carry yourself like a hood, and then scream and cry when someone calls you a hood?

This current generation is just completely lost, I thought it was bad when I was a kid.
Theres a difference between wearing gang attire, and dressing in baggy clothing.
Hip Hops been big for awhile. Since its a created by minorities, its "hood", nevermind the biggest buyers of hip hop music and hip hop fashion are suburban white teens.

Down the road, we're going to laugh about how those of us wore those baggy jeans and tall tees.
Just like people from the 70s laughed about their whiteboy afros, bell bottoms, and polyester flower print shirts.
Just like the hipsters of today are going to laugh about how they used to wear girl sized skinny jeans and XXS shirts with ironic graphics.

With that said, to sneak up on minority kids minding their own business and to point a camera at them asking them "Are you gangbangers? Where are the gangbangers?", its just wrong.
So is disrupting a community event aimed at keeping kids off the streets, causing a scene, and vowing to return every week, despite complaints.
I'm surprised they let this guy go around. He's obviously unstable, and its just a matter of time before he provokes someone, and he pulls out a knife or gun in "self-defense."

Old 11-03-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Observer View Post
I don't think he is racist. If the majority of gangbangers in Oceanside happen to be black, hispanic or asian than thats the reality there.

At the end of the article you quote in the SignOnSanDiego a hispanic man supports his efforts and he is hispanic.(Mr. Ortega) So where is the "racism" ?
Have you seen his videos?

Where he videotapes a group of Latinos for like 20 minutes(I'm sure more, thats just what he edited down to) waiting for them to do something?

Or following around a couple of Black kids at the beach, provoking them, and then making a scene when they start getting annoyed.
"IM NOT AFRAID! I'M NOT AFRAID!"

What a loony.

He's not going after "gangbangers", but minority kids at the beach or playing basketball.
Real gangbangers wouldn't just laugh him off and walk away, like all the people he harasses does.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM

9,521 posts, read 30,346,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quepaso View Post
Theres a difference between wearing gang attire, and dressing in baggy clothing.
Hip Hops been big for awhile. Since its a created by minorities, its "hood", nevermind the biggest buyers of hip hop music and hip hop fashion are suburban white teens.
They all look like goofs. Brown black white it doesn't matter.

You dress like a fool you are a fool. How will this generation ever hold a real job? Why would anyone want to wear the same clothes a gangbanger wears? Wouldn't you be worried about people confusing you for a gangster?

In the sixties, seventies and eighties... no one was trying to look "hard". If you dressed like a thug, you were a thug. Now... everyone's trying to look like a thug. This current generation is complete toast.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:08 PM

33 posts, read 120,504 times
This guy is just looking for a fight. He is worse than the half-assed "gangsters" he is accosting. They are minding their own business, he is the one starting trouble. Some people just have to start trouble no matter what. If he wants to confront gangsters he should try this is Watts or Compton and see how far he gets.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
They all look like goofs. Brown black white it doesn't matter.

You dress like a fool you are a fool. How will this generation ever hold a real job? Why would anyone want to wear the same clothes a gangbanger wears? Wouldn't you be worried about people confusing you for a gangster?

In the sixties, seventies and eighties... no one was trying to look "hard". If you dressed like a thug, you were a thug. Now... everyone's trying to look like a thug. This current generation is complete toast.
Anyone who shows up to a job interview wearing what they wear on a regular basis is a "fool".
Plenty of people who dress in baggy clothing who are over 30 and hold jobs. Its just another style.

Youre associating hip hop and hip hop clothing with gang culture, something a lot of older people do.

Its kind of like how in the early 90s, people werent allowed to wear baseball caps into theme parks because it was "gang related".
And God help you if you wearing a baseball cap backwards.

Its pretty much stereotyping a style of clothing. Its like seeing a biker wearing a leather jacket, and assuming he's Hells Angels. If his jacket has Hells Angels insignia, then I'll assume he's Hells Angeles. If a guy is riding a motorcycle with a leather jacket and a bandana on his head, I'm going to think he's a guy who likes riding bikes and likes the style that goes with it. He could be a doctor who likes to be a weekend warrior for all I know.

Its like saying everyone who goes to a Lowrider show is a gangbanger/cholo.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:14 PM

18,957 posts, read 32,414,649 times
I kind of agree that if you dress like a thug people will look at you like one no matter how smart or educated you are. Perception is reality unfortunately, people will continue to judge others and make assumptions based on how they dress, doesn't make it right but its reality.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Mcgee View Post
This guy is just looking for a fight. He is worse than the half-assed "gangsters" he is accosting. They are minding their own business, he is the one starting trouble. Some people just have to start trouble no matter what. If he wants to confront gangsters he should try this is Watts or Compton and see how far he gets.
I think he's sick.
Dude has a record of meth posession, and he's showing the symptoms of paranoia associated with the use of that drug.

Theres several videos..this guy has been doing this for a couple of years. I think its a high risk for him, and the people he's stalking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego