Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:43 PM

203 posts, read 712,571 times

Advertisements

We are moving next month to Wyoming and I was just thinking what will I miss the most in SD.

not in any order

1. KPRI- IMHO the best radio station.
2. Being able to buy fresh made today tortillas at the local store
3. Ice skating at the Del during the holiday season
4. Santa Anas in January when the rest of the country in freezing
5. Pipes for breakfast and VG's for donuts
6. Elizabethan Desserts in Encinitas for the best desserts
7. When the meteorologist here talk more about how the rest of country weather's sucks versus talking about our actual weather.
8. Tank tops and flip flops year around
9. walking my dog on Cbad Blvd with everyone else and their dogs
10. a long sleeve shirt is your winter clothes.

If you left SD what would you miss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 03:18 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,850,841 times
Queen: Numbers 5, 6, and 8 on your list alone are devastating losses!!
I'd miss the "a su gusto" combination at Tony's Jacal in Solana Beach (two turkey tacos, rice, beans and cabbage salad) and In n Out Burger. Can you tell I'm hungry?
good luck to you on your move!!

Old 12-17-2008, 03:35 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,830 times
There are plenty of things I'd miss. The one's that come to mind right away are the best weather in the nation, the Padres & Chargers, the great taco shops we have, being close to plenty of great things to do, etc.

I know I have many more things I'd miss but those are at the top for me.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 PM

470 posts, read 1,707,405 times
Free Tuesdays at Balboa Park museums, looking at the view from Mt. Soledad, the holiday lights on the bridges on 805, and 163, the Christmas tree at the Hotel Del, Swinging on the pedestrian bridge on Spruce St., watching the seals at Jolla Cove, the wonderful grocery stores like Fresh and Easy, Trader Joes, and North Park Produce, farmer's markets in Downtown, Hillcrest, and North Park. Walking along the ocean from South Mission to Crystal Pier. Sea World Drive and Embarcadero views. Flip Flops. Shorts and Ugg Boots.The funkiness and vintage charms of O.B., South Park, Kensington, North Park, Normal and University Heights.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 PM

I have another one...
When you are on Harbor Dr. leaving the airport facing the downtown area with the boats on your right. I always thought how lucky I was to live in such a beautiful area.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:20 PM

That's a nice view, for sure. Mine is the drive north on Highway 101, just as you're leaving Solana Beach and dropping down into restaurant row in Cardiff. That view of the coastline, I've seen it my whole life, but it never fails to make me say "Man, how cool." And when picking people up from the train station, it's always a nice intro to our little corner of the world.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
That's a nice view, for sure. Mine is the drive north on Highway 101, just as you're leaving Solana Beach and dropping down into restaurant row in Cardiff. That view of the coastline, I've seen it my whole life, but it never fails to make me say "Man, how cool." And when picking people up from the train station, it's always a nice intro to our little corner of the world.
so true. I always go that way when I go to Red Mango and Seaside market.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:27 PM

171 posts, read 588,175 times
Here are the things I miss the most after being gone for about 7 years ...

Not in any particular order.

- Hiking to the top of Cowles Mt.
- Never owned a pair of long pants until I moved away to a colder climate
- The drive up to Julian to camp, hike, or to just make a Dudley's visit.
- Zoo, Sea World, Animal Park
- Miramar Air Show!!!
- Crawling through the sand caves in Ocotillo Wells
- Seal Watching at the children's cove in La Jolla
- The ability to go to almost any taco shop and get great mexican food.
- Fishing as a kid at Santee Lakes
- Sounds funny, but great supermarket competition (Ralphs, vons, albertsons, henry's, etc.)

Old 12-17-2008, 09:50 PM

387 posts, read 2,130,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
I totally agree. I love the view heading from Solana to Cardiff! I also like to walk/jog on that part of the beach

Old 12-17-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTaylor View Post
I totally agree. I love the view heading from Solana to Cardiff! I also like to walk/jog on that part of the beach
Let's all hope that the long-planned timeshare/hotel/retail project they've been talking about building on that slice of land at the point there never sees the light of day. That would ruin the view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego