Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 08:35 AM

8 posts, read 23,306 times

Advertisements

I may possiblly be moving to SD in June for my job. My work would be located at Coronado.

I am just trying to figure out how to find a decent reasonable area to live. I dont mind a 45 min drive and being a single 40 y/o female I would like to be in an area thats a good mix of people and age. I have been told stay out of National. Is there any spots anyone can think of that would be reasonable and safe? Are there any good places close to coronado to live? I am sure there are just not familiar with the areas. Thanks for any thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 08:57 AM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times
What is your budget? What do you want from a neighborhood? Auto-friendly, or pedestrian friendly? Suburban or urban? New Construction or old and with character? High rise apartment, low rise apartment, or house? Buy or rent? Are you wanting plenty of restaurants and night life nearby or quiet and peaceful? Is nearby ocean access something you would be willing to pay for, or would that be money down the toilet as far as you are concerned?

Reasonable means many different things to many different people. San Diego has a lot of variety. Give us something to go on.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:13 AM

well I would love to buy but I probably can only afford about $1800/mth. Cant one have both auto/pedestrian friendly? I am not picky on that or suburbs vs urban. I am a city dweller right now, in a boring city at that...St Louis. I am a west girl grew up in Phx so I love to be outdoors and do outdoorsy things. Doesn't have to be new construction. I guess I am not THAT picky I just want a safe area with things close by to do. I would love to be near the ocean! But I didn't think I could get it for the dollar amt. I wouldn't mind a condo/townhouse but would prefer a house, nothing big as it is just me! I am just having a hard time thinking I can live on about 75k/year out there. Sorry if this is still not much to go on. As I said I am not picky, just dont want to live in gang land or drug land or slum land or in the hood. Just more curious as to what areas would one consider around Coronado, if living close to there would even be feasable with one salary and if not how far out would one have to go to find. I know I cant afford a 300k place, I am a realist. If I bought maybe 200k house or condo/apt...whatever or if I rent where good places are to rent. I mean there are areas in STL where I would tell someone do not even look there! I guess thats more what I am looking for. Just your avg chick trying to make it and have a decent place that family and friends wouldn't be horrified I live in. LOL!

Old 12-26-2008, 03:23 PM

10 posts, read 33,059 times
Why not just rent in Coronado? Great place to live, and far, far nicer than National City, Chula Vista, Imperial Beach, etc...

Craisglist has places in your price range right in Coronado.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:07 PM

Hey thanks I will check that out! I wasn't sure if there were even places to live in Corondao or if it was all military...I haven't been to that area yet. But if it is far nicer I will definately look into it! Thanks!

Old 12-26-2008, 06:58 PM

10 posts, read 33,059 times
Definitely check out Coronado. It's one of the nicest areas in San Diego. Relatively small-town feel, very walkable. You could probably ride a bike or walk to work, etc. Plus, you can take a little ferryboat right to downtown San Diego. For a single person who's not necessarily looking for the frenetic club scene, should be about perfect...

Old 12-27-2008, 07:51 AM

OMG that sounds PERFECT!!!! I am definately going to start looking into Coronado! I honestly thought it would be too pricey there, and you are right riding a bike to work would be perfect and the thought of taking a ferry sounds to get to downtown sounds awesome!!! I really do appreciate the insight to Coronado. I am more excited now..funny thing is I am having to decide between SD and Hawaii and SD is winning (even though the pay is less)! Thanks again Capt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego