U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:54 AM

4,884 posts, read 4,549,861 times
1. Yes, I could have bought a house which cost to much but I was raised to live below my means which is why I bought a house I could easily afford on a single income, paid 20% down, save 15% of my income, and bought a Toyota Camry instead of the BMW or Audi which I could have easily qualified for and which most of my co-workers own. It's called being thrifty and being smart with money which is exactly what I try to be and which are the values which made America great. That's also probably why I'm not one of the 1/3 of people in San Diego who are behind on their mortgage.

2. 50% of the population which is exactly what I said in my post. Please try to keep up.

3. This point by you is mostly non sequitur however I will say that while no one is exempt from misfortune people who plan ahead and try harder tend to land on their feet while people who don't, don't.

4. Yes, everyone has to look for work sometimes. It's part of living in a capitalist society. Eventually I probably will be self employed though I want a good 10-15 years of industry experience before I do so. That way I can build a reputation among other people in the industry for doing good work, delivering projects on time & under budget, and generally build a reputation for doing a good job.

5. I also spent 9 years (8 on contract and 1 year on stop lose) in the military where I was deployed several times including to Iraq in 2004. Public service is a virtue and I'm glad I did it. BTW I have plenty of experience in life and also routinely do soul searching that is why I'm posting what I posted above.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:12 AM

16,798 posts, read 12,532,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I believe Rhode Island has the highest unemployment rate in the country.
Have you looked at data why? Personally, I'd leave there voluntarily

Old 01-12-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Did you even read my post? I'm seriously left wondering because I clearly state that wages are some what lower in most fields compared to cities which are less desirable places to live. Please, try actually responding to what i said in the future.

As for what I actually did say. Lots of people seem to carp endlessly that there are few good paying jobs here when in fact there are loads of very good paying jobs but you have to be qualified to get them. We have to many people who want to be bar tenders or secretaries instead of engineers and scientists so the people with low skills have a hard time. I blame them for that because they don't take the initiative to better themselves or improve their employment opportunities nearly as much as they should. Instead they go on the internet and whine about how they can't own a beach home making $8 per hour as a waiter.
Have to agree. My Company has turned to looking at people with Visas vs home grown as we just don't get the applications for the jobs and they are pretty decent paying tech jobs too.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 AM

33 posts, read 44,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Have to agree. My Company has turned to looking at people with Visas vs home grown as we just don't get the applications for the jobs and they are pretty decent paying tech jobs too.
I knew someone could understand...

Old 01-12-2009, 10:45 AM

33 posts, read 44,567 times
Default After school special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
1. I bought a house I could easily afford on a single income, paid 20% down, save 15% of my income, and bought a Toyota Camry instead of the BMW or Audi which I could have easily qualified for and which most of my co-workers own.

That's also probably why I'm not one of the 1/3 of people in San Diego who are behind on their mortgage.

2. 50% of the population which is exactly what I said in my post. Please try to keep up.

3. This point by you is mostly non sequitur however I will say that while no one is exempt from misfortune people who plan ahead and try harder tend to land on their feet while people who don't, don't.

5. I also spent 9 years (8 on contract and 1 year on stop lose) in the military where I was deployed several times including to Iraq in 2004. Public service is a virtue and I'm glad I did it.

Ooohhhhhh Oerdinnnnn, you're funny,I am cracking up. You should be a comedian; you're in the wrong field. You're like an after school special. For someone that claims they served in the military, you haven't learned much on how to treat your fellow man. We were taught to look out for your fellow man; not look down on her/him for being less fortunate than others. Those waitresses/waiters are human beings that deserve the same respect as anyone;"don't bite the hand that feeds you."

BTW, were you COOKING in Iraq? You really have this bitterness towards waitresses/waiters deep down in your soul. What's wrong, they treated you bad?

You know what, you should take your show on the road. I mean honestly,you need to be living in La Jolla, San Francisco, better yet; load up the truck(Camry), and move to Beverly. Hills that is, swimming pools, movie stars.
Leave us little people to bask in our pitiful existence.

I gotta work; some of us have to contribute to society.
Thank you, no more please...

Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 AM

4,884 posts, read 4,549,861 times
Actually I was a 37F, Psychological Operations.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:09 PM

ok

This is now confusing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego