Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:25 AM

3 posts, read 6,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Answer these questions, and you'll get some help.

Do you want to rent or buy? What's your budget? What type of neighborhood do you want to live in? House or apartment, amenities, and anything else you can throw in. Any pets?
Thanks hope you can give us some good advice: Rent, we'd like a 2-3 bedroom apartment, maybe a cat or small dog, nothing fancy, clean, safe, friendly...and did I say not expensive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 10:37 PM

29 posts, read 103,833 times
FALLBROOK TRAFFIC JAMS?
Are the 2 lane portions of 76 and Mission Rd always nightmarish?

What is the problem with those streets?

Old 11-28-2014, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 791 times
I am 61 and looking for a nice area to move to. I currently live in Sacramento but looking for a a new place to retire in a few years. Need a a family friendly area for the grand kids when they visit.Fallbrook looks interresting but wanted to be able to walk to the beach! Can anyone offer suggestions?

Old 11-28-2014, 05:17 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,403,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernamae61 View Post
I am 61 and looking for a nice area to move to. I currently live in Sacramento but looking for a a new place to retire in a few years. Need a a family friendly area for the grand kids when they visit.Fallbrook looks interresting but wanted to be able to walk to the beach! Can anyone offer suggestions?
Fallbrook is great...but there will be no walking to the beach from here. We're some 16 miles inland.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:21 AM

300 posts, read 329,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoSurfer View Post
FALLBROOK TRAFFIC JAMS?
Are the 2 lane portions of 76 and Mission Rd always nightmarish?

What is the problem with those streets?

No, not always.

Pretty much it's just anytime you're in a hurry, everyone else is too. 76 is currently being widened though...but then again look at the developments going in along the 15, in Vista, and in other places. All that widening won't be doing much for traffic alleviation. It's the usual recipe - build infrastructure gradually, while issuing permits for more housing than can be supported by infrastructure.

If you do move to this area, you'll get used to figuring out the back roads.

Mission is always going to be a two laner, unless they start going eminent domain on folks....

Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
I know Fallbrook has beautiful homes. Today, however, I heard from someone who lives there that the schools have gotten horrible and racial tensions are bad in the schools. I cannot confirm this and I admit it is hearsay. I would examine the schools before moving there or look into a private school.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:22 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
Biggest knocks on Fallbrook that I have heard repeated many, many times (probably some truth to all of them.....the extreme accounts by story-tellers, I usually dismiss.):

1. occasional noise from Camp Pendleton.
2. hard to get into-out of Fallbrook quickly.
3. schools not so hot.
4. not enough shopping.

I used to live on Camp Pendleton and spent a fair amount of time in Fallbrook.
The things I really liked about it was the country/small town feel.
I am not much of a shopper, so the amount of stores seem totally adequate for me. As for the distance to beaches..........well, I like the beach, but really, how often do people actually go to the beach??????

I was going to buy a place in Fallbrook....unfortunately the prices in the last 2-3 years, like much of CA, have gone up and up and up and up.........totally out of my price range.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:08 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,403,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Biggest knocks on Fallbrook that I have heard repeated many, many times (probably some truth to all of them.....the extreme accounts by story-tellers, I usually dismiss.):

1. occasional noise from Camp Pendleton.
2. hard to get into-out of Fallbrook quickly.
3. schools not so hot.
4. not enough shopping.

I used to live on Camp Pendleton and spent a fair amount of time in Fallbrook.
The things I really liked about it was the country/small town feel.
I am not much of a shopper, so the amount of stores seem totally adequate for me. As for the distance to beaches..........well, I like the beach, but really, how often do people actually go to the beach??????

I was going to buy a place in Fallbrook....unfortunately the prices in the last 2-3 years, like much of CA, have gone up and up and up and up.........totally out of my price range.

We live in Fallbrook and I would agree to most of these complaints.
1). Location is everything. We do hear the occasional noise, but it is more like far off thunder.
2). We can jump on 76 very quickly, so this is not a problem for us
3). Have no clue, as my kids are long out of school. But I have never heard the racial tension thing discussed among neighbors who do have school age children.
4). Love the small town feel and would hate to see any of the big box stores invade the town. We are at the beach at least once a week....walking the beach is one of my favorite things to do to relax. I have no problem with the distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego