U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-13-2009, 11:07 PM

669 posts, read 1,053,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Sure, they rival it, but they are not better and definitely not 10x better or as DWong said:

The schools in the areas I provided generally get 9-10's on :
Great Schools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

Anyways I love both areas, but I have to smack more Californians around than anyone...next thing DWong is going to tell me that CA has better schools and universities than NY.
Ok, ok, 10x was an inflating it... alot. great schools.com.. do your HW... there are no state to state comparisons - so really it's not much of an argument either way....there are good schools everywhere. Again, greatschools.com tell nothing of how good a school is w/ comparisons to others, just how they rate for the states own test. Guess what though only real national test, the SAT.... and our local SD schools kick those Florida schools you know what

No I won't say that CA has better schools than NYC/NE area, however our public institutions, UCSD, UCI, UCLA and Berkley are the highest anywhere. Almost in that order... Soo.. Shabam!

Old 01-13-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Which school districts in SD are better than Pembroke Pines/Wellington/Weston in South FL?

Poway that is it.

Honestly DWong I don't think you have ever lived in S. Fla. and you seem to carry the CA arrogance of thinking "everything is perfect", when it is not.
OH and no everything isn't perfect in SD:

1. cost of housing.
2. too much taxes
3. ineffective government.
4. number of good jobs

Live in S. Fla.. No, spent alot of time there... Lovely place to visit, but wouldn't want to raise my family there - and even my S. Fla friends say the same.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
Ok, I don't know what DWong said, but how can anyone argue about whether an area is 10 times better than other? This is becoming a stupid, dead-end argument. South Florida is South Florida and San Diego is San Diego. Geez. Enough.
I apologize, for the 10x better comment, an obvious no no I guess

Old 01-13-2009, 11:13 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,020,008 times
R i p

Old 01-13-2009, 11:14 PM

OH come on this is so much fun.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:41 PM

6,838 posts, read 12,085,319 times
LET ME OUT OF WISCONSIN NOW!!! ITS FREEZING AND I JUST WANT TO LAY BY THE BEACH NOW. i CAN'T WAIT TILL I MOVE TO SOCAL....T-2YRS.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:03 AM

come on down.... it's been 78 the past week and 2 more weeks of it... AMAZING!
Guess what.... Summer... ain't much different.... if you're close enough to the coast- u won't even run your AC

Old 12-07-2009, 12:52 PM

26 posts, read 71,932 times
I just moved back to San Diego from Fort Lauderdale and I can tell you that the crime in South Florida from Palm County to Broward County and Miami-Dade is some of the worst in the Country,

You are wrong Mach50 and Dwong is right if you stay out west in Broward County in some areas it's family neighborhoods but as soon as you leave those white neighborhoods your in the ghetto in South Florida . And South Florida is more ghetto than San Diego 100%

If you want to live in western Broward county you will be closer to the everglades which means hotter and more humidity and gators and bugs
with no ocean breeze and you will have to drive thru Ghetto to get out.
Schools are so Bad in Broward County that they send thier kids to Private schools.

THIRD WORLD POVERY LEVELS in South Florida
way more poor black people, Hatian's, Jamaican's, African American American. Crackheads,murders,rapes ,guns ,drugs,etc...

here are just some of the dangerous neighborhoods:

Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale
Delray Beach
West Palm Beach (Palm County)
Miami
Opa Locka
Lauderhill
Parts of Davie
West Boca
Riviera Beach
Oakland Park
Margate
Deerfield Beech
and many many more
Crackhead Streets in Fort Lauderdale
Broward Blvd.
Sunrise Blvd.
6th ave.
Sistrunk
and many many more

The FBI considers Florida to be more Dangerous then California

Most Dangerous States - WalletPop

out of 50 of the most dangerous cities 10 of them are located in Florida

100 most dangerous cities in the USA America states 10 20 50

so the rest of Florida is bad also not just South Florida

I'am not trying to promote this show but you will see the streets of Broward County and see how many bad people live down there
please watch Police women of Broward County and you will see South Florida Crackheads and Crime way more then San Diego.

South Florida is worse than anything in San Diego when it comes to Crime

the quality of life is better in San Diego then South Florida

South Florida is filled New Yorkers and the worst drivers in the country.

if any listens to Mach50 and move from California to South Florida you will be making the biggest mistake of your life.

Quote:
Seriously, Californians need to stop with this, CA is not better than FL by 10x any longer...

For Florida; Wellington and Weston are some of the most family friendly areas in the nation.

Schools? Actually I think Florida is 29th and CA is 47th in the nation for public school ranking.
Smartest State 2006-2007

I will agree colleges are better in SoCal...but seriously how many Americans go to UCI? University of China Irvine .

Old 12-15-2009, 07:08 PM

Just a question here, I have a friend who moved from Miami and now has been living in San Diego and works in the Gas Lamp and in terms of cost of living he says it's not as bad as every one says it is. For instance he just bought a 220,000 house with 1400 sq ft not too far outside of downtown on El Cajon Blvd. He said when he rented he had a place for 700/month is south SD country. So what gives? am I missing something??? His household income is around 70K and he said he and his wife are making it no problem. Is he missing something? they don't have kids BTW.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:18 PM

I just did a quick search and found 70 pages of homes for sale in san diego for under 250K and all over 1000 sq ft. So why does every one say you can only buy a house for 600K starting? Some were in shifty areas and others were not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego