Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:47 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,432,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Hmm. Do you really think so? The few times I've visited the Miami forum, the majority of posts seem to be about how awful South Florida is.
Well people come on the internet to complain 80% of the time, especially the CD boards...woops complaint.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:30 PM

669 posts, read 1,606,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post
In San Diego? What college or university are you comparing in San Diego the is "much better" to South Florida? There's the University of Miami, ranked #52 in US News , Florida International University (whose law school is ranked #1 in the State for bar passing ratings) , Nova Southeastern University and Barry University which also have law schools and pharmacy schools.

Much better? I'm not saying San Diego has bad colleges and South Florida is equivalent to Boston/Chicago/NY, but you're kidding yourself.
Wakie wakie!
UCSD top 20 and UCI (which isn't in SD, but 1 hr or so drive)
SDSU no means is a great school, but better than most FL schools.

(i see no one even touches the crime word)

Old 01-13-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Seriously, Californians need to stop with this, CA is not better than FL by 10x any longer...

For Florida; Wellington and Weston are some of the most family friendly areas in the nation.

Schools? Actually I think Florida is 29th and CA is 47th in the nation for public school ranking.
Smartest State 2006-2007

I will agree colleges are better in SoCal...but seriously how many Americans go to UCI? University of China Irvine .
CA schools in general are no better than FL, but you wouldn't say SD makes up much if any of SD. SD population is 3 million or so... out of 38 million in the state... hardly a repuation for the state as a whole.

But in end, SD public schools and education in general makes FL (south esp) look like a special ed campus.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post
In San Diego? What college or university are you comparing in San Diego the is "much better" to South Florida? There's the University of Miami, ranked #52 in US News , Florida International University (whose law school is ranked #1 in the State for bar passing ratings) , Nova Southeastern University and Barry University which also have law schools and pharmacy schools.

Much better? I'm not saying San Diego has bad colleges and South Florida is equivalent to Boston/Chicago/NY, but you're kidding yourself.
wow where have you been living?? Never heard of UCSD? Wow.... and come on... UofMiami is Sun Tan U....

and UCSD is on par w/ most Northeastern schools... especially since UCSD is public...
(Geezz.. some people don't know what they are talking about)

Old 01-13-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWong View Post
CA schools in general are no better than FL, but you wouldn't say SD makes up much if any of SD. SD population is 3 million or so... out of 38 million in the state... hardly a repuation for the state as a whole.

But in end, SD public schools and education in general makes FL (south esp) look like a special ed campus.
Which school districts in SD are better than Pembroke Pines/Wellington/Weston in South FL?

Poway that is it.

Honestly DWong I don't think you have ever lived in S. Fla. and you seem to carry the CA arrogance of thinking "everything is perfect", when it is not.

Last edited by Mach50; 01-13-2009 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-13-2009, 03:54 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,829,442 times
San Dieguito Union (Torrey Pines, La Costa Canyon, SD Academy, etc.) has got to rival what you're referring to, right?

Old 01-13-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
San Dieguito Union (Torrey Pines, La Costa Canyon, SD Academy, etc.) has got to rival what you're referring to, right?
Sure, they rival it, but they are not better and definitely not 10x better or as DWong said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWong
The schools in the areas I provided generally get 9-10's on :
Great Schools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

Anyways I love both areas, but I have to smack more Californians around than anyone...next thing DWong is going to tell me that CA has better schools and universities than NY.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:10 PM

Ok, I don't know what DWong said, but how can anyone argue about whether an area is 10 times better than other? This is becoming a stupid, dead-end argument. South Florida is South Florida and San Diego is San Diego. Geez. Enough.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
Ok, I don't know what DWong said, but how can anyone argue about whether an area is 10 times better than other? This is becoming a stupid, dead-end argument. South Florida is South Florida and San Diego is San Diego. Geez. Enough.
Agreed. I was just about to write how the thread is dead anyways...now is about time.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Rip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego