U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 05:26 PM

20 posts, read 43,596 times

Advertisements

So should I still come here haha? No job lined up, no apartment, $4k in my pocket and a lot of motivation :-). 2 years restaurant experience and 1 year bank experience.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:14 PM

23 posts, read 36,115 times
LoveAutumn...People are looking for advice on specific topics.. Most of them are not asking "Should I move to SD?" (although there are some of those posts)
Most have already thought it out and made the decision to move. That is not the issue at hand (Personally we have been planning our move for over a year)
So when someone starts a thread about a very specific question they have & others feel the need to respond with "Don't move here". They are the ones out of line.. Not the member who started the thread
I have yet to see a thread titled "Can someone please give me a reality check?" It's not your place to do.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:47 PM

2,863 posts, read 3,063,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRScott View Post
That's a bit harsh. It isn't just Bush it's his entire administration.
ok, yes, fair enough

Old 02-11-2009, 07:51 PM

2,863 posts, read 3,063,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
We all will sure miss SantaBarbaraboy1. With all the friends he has made during the time he was a part of City Data Forum. That guy is a major contributor with his 9 post's. I will have to take the time someday and read all he had to say over the past 10 months.

I also like how people blame the President for the mess we are in. I have yet to see in the Constitution where it is the job of the President to make sure the housing market doesn't fall or that everyone has a job. I did notice that the President is supposed to protect our borders from those who will fight us. Maybe some don't agree with the War on Terrorism or how it was handled during the Bush years. That is a political ideal that will be tested years from now. My opinion is that he did the best he could with the information that was given at the time. Many will dis agree. and that is ok. Your oppinion is welcome on the subject as much as I hope mine is.
He did the best he could - He failed. He did not protect our borders as the worst terrorist attack within our borders occurred on his watch while he was reading a kiddy book, and created a climate of increased hate against the USA. He spent more than Clinton and Reagan creating or contributing to his recession. Remember Pres. Truman said "The buck stops here". He accepted no responsibility or blame. He failed.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:00 PM

7,173 posts, read 18,572,972 times
So I let this one go to see where it ended up... pretty much as expected... closed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego